My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted similar question on the Husqvarna site but it sometimes does not get much activity so here goes. Real world use power wise, how does the 23 hp V engine compare to the 27 hp E engine?
Thanks,

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
27 HP - 23 HP = 4 HP difference.

Not sure what you are looking for when you ask real world power wise. The 1938 Allis Chalmers B series we had when I was a kid made (I believe) 12 HP, yet would pull anything it had traction for.

Check the Briggs and Briggs commercial sites and go looking for torque and HP graphs, if those will make you feel better about your decision.

You have to look at the tractors as a package.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have 2 Vangard engines. They run vey well. After 4 years I have no problem with them. I made a log spliter and have one on it. I used a ram from a dump truck and put the whole thing on wheels and can tow it. I have a steel tractor seat on the side with the controls. I have it on a huge I beam with a steel plate on the front half. I use the Vangard to run the pump and it will split anything. I have a huge solid seel wedge on the front and the huge ram bent the I beam once. That is why I had to put a steel plate on it. It is the biggest log splitter I have ever seen. I think it is over 12 ft long. I made it 25 years ago. The Vangard is a replacement engine. I was lucky and got the engine at a farm sale for $100 and it looked new. I never was one to like B&S engines. Now that I have had them for a while I can say they run smooth and start everytime.

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
I'm not familiar with Endurance, is it a Briggs? I owned one Vanguard some years back and it was great.
Endurance is just another badge on the INTEK line of engines, ELS, XRD?...and a few others...it's just another badge.

The Vanguard line is a true, serious Commercial duty engine, it will outlast the other engine by a few lifetimes given the opportunity and the care to do so. 23hp-27hp...doesnt matter, you wont be able to get the traction or keep the belts from slipping either way...

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all replies. I've made my decision to go with the V based on all your responses. :thanku:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have 2 Vangard engines. They run vey well. After 4 years I have no problem with them. I made a log spliter and have one on it. I used a ram from a dump truck and put the whole thing on wheels and can tow it. I have a steel tractor seat on the side with the controls. I have it on a huge I beam with a steel plate on the front half. I use the Vangard to run the pump and it will split anything. I have a huge solid seel wedge on the front and the huge ram bent the I beam once. That is why I had to put a steel plate on it. It is the biggest log splitter I have ever seen. I think it is over 12 ft long. I made it 25 years ago. The Vangard is a replacement engine. I was lucky and got the engine at a farm sale for $100 and it looked new. I never was one to like B&S engines. Now that I have had them for a while I can say they run smooth and start everytime.
not trying to hijack the thread but your spliter sounds like mine, it's about the same size, piece of rail road track on a boat trailer. the cylinder for mine came from a Wabco dirt pan, 5 inch bore, 6 foot ram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts