My Tractor Forum banner

plastic gas tank questions

3124 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Fla Don
I got one of the newer style plastic gas tanks in the 810 parts tractor I just got. I was wanting to put it into the 24G but noticed the mounting brackets are different for the G-models. Does anyone have the G-model brackets? I don't really want to put this tank into the 817 as I don't like the gascap/gauge sticking thru the hood it seems like it's to easy to get water in the tank that way. By putting it in the 24G the hood covers the cap and as a bonus the "GRAVELY" on the sides of the tank is visable with the hood up. Jason

See less See more
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
There were two types of gauge caps for those tanks. One has a hole in the clear plastic and lets water right in. The other uses a vent under the black center nub and doesn't. Gravely sells the tank to fit the -G models and you actually have to cut the brackets to fit an 800 or 8000. I might have a set of factory brackets.
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.