My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, a little forum etiquette question - since it seems that this forum and the other share readers, should I post both places, or keep it on one or the other. I don't mind, within reason, posting at both, but I do not want to needlessly dupe.

As I'm sure you have figured out since the username is the same, I had started a thread to which y'all replied over on another forum regarding the hydraulics/lift arm problem/operation on the 1700.

Also, I saw something about not actually naming one forum on the other - is this accurate? If so, do I want to know why or is that a touchy subject?

Thanks in advance,
rinms

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Rinms,

You can say TBN here :) (just don't say MTF over there) :fing20:.

I can't imagine why you'd broach any etiquette by posting on two, separate tractor forums. Just helps with more input and clearer answers to questions that might be missed on one, or the other....right?

Plus we have dealers like LMTC and several members that own various models of Yanmar that are very helpful to boot! Ask away!

Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also post on both. Different tractor experiences that we share. Some have answers, others learn from other's problems.

Enjoy working with your new toy:fing32:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will update the results from TBN here. Long story short, we are "de-mothballing" a Zen Noh/ Yanmar YM 1700 that sat up (and wasn't actually mothballed) for 1-2 years. The hydraulics aren't currently working, apparently due to my lifting the arms manually so as to get it onto a trailer. The general consensus is that when I lifted them, the piston got out of whack. It has been raining here since yesterday, so nothing has been attempted yet. When it clears up, we'll get on it and I'll post the results at both forums.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, help, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have updated/posted the results to the YM 1700 hydraulics issue, both here and at TBN.

Thanks to all for the info and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts