My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this generator in trade a few years ago and am just now getting around to digging it out of the back corner of the shop. It's Pincor generator powered by a Wisconsin single cylinder S-12D. I've searched high and low on the good ole interweb and can't find a shred of information on this particular unit. I've found similar ones, but they are either smaller or have a different engine etc. A few odd pieces about this thing is that it has a conventional starter rather than a starter/generator, and some weird sort of regulator mounted between the engine block and the carburetor. Hopefully it can be seen in the pictures.

Here are the specs on the unit -

Engine:
Model number: S-12D
Spec number: 329537
Serial number: 5415040

Gen:
SS number: 5391
Model number: RF 55 HDVR
Serial number: 7015
Volts: 115/230
Cycles: 60
Amps: 23.9
Watts: 5500
P.F. 100
PH: 1
RPM: 3600

Don't know what PF and PH stand for, probably something simple but doesn't make sense to me.

IMG-1237.jpg IMG-1249.jpg IMG-1237.jpg IMG-1246.jpg IMG-1253.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,836 Posts
Some info for you:
In 1962 the Pioneer Gen-E- Motor Corporation located at 5841 West Dickens Street, Chicago employed 400 people who made gasoline engines, mowers (Pincor brand), generators, power plants, and tools.
Sometimes incorrectly associated with General Motors, Pincor mowers were produced by the Pioneer Gen-E-Motor Corporation in Chicago. Ads refer to 1932 as the beginning o the company. When the company closed is not known.

Some manuals for sale: VINTAGE PIONEER GEN-E- MOTOR CORP. SERVICE MANUALS. | eBay

Not much to go on for sure. Hope it helps!

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Guess they saw no reason for a generator to have a generator starter. The generator apparently has 12 dc output as well as 115/230 ac.
Ph 1 is single phase.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
P.F. is power Factor. 100 is as good as it gets. I think!!!

Your generator is cool. The Wisconsin engine takes it up a level.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some info for you:
In 1962 the Pioneer Gen-E- Motor Corporation located at 5841 West Dickens Street, Chicago employed 400 people who made gasoline engines, mowers (Pincor brand), generators, power plants, and tools.
Sometimes incorrectly associated with General Motors, Pincor mowers were produced by the Pioneer Gen-E-Motor Corporation in Chicago. Ads refer to 1932 as the beginning o the company. When the company closed is not known.

Some manuals for sale: VINTAGE PIONEER GEN-E- MOTOR CORP. SERVICE MANUALS. | eBay

Not much to go on for sure. Hope it helps!
Thanks! Neat little tid bits you found there. Already more than I was able to find!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a pincer generator in a 76 Gorgie boy motorhome motor turns over (2 cylinder engine with a dule spark coil) no spark on motor so can't really check generator till get it going, po disconnected the remote start control.. do know it will provide a 50 amp power tho power line is set for 30 amp but circuit breaker box has 50 amp on generator side and 30 on land power side

1 - 8 of 8 Posts