My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to use the "trailer hitch" feature on my Gorilla Cart (the one rated for 1200lbs) and hook it up to the Cub Cadet LTX 1050...however, it looks like the two uses different size pins. Is there anything I can do to make this work?

Looks like the Gorilla Cart uses a smaller (1/4"?) pin which just falls through the trailer hitch hole on the Cub Cadet. I obtained a larger pin (I'm guessing 1/2") which fits on the Cub Cadet, but is too big for the Gorilla Cart.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Drill the cart holes bigger? Show a picture of the cart and its hitch because I have used smaller pins in a 1/2 inch cart on a 5/8 inch pin hole on a garden tractor with no problems. Roger

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'm surprised that the trailer pin hole would only be 1/4" if so I think it didn't get drilled right what I have and have seen are 1/2" or 5/8" as Roger posted drill the trailer hitch to 1/2".
ok I just looked up the gorilla carts and see that they come with a "D" handle for hand pulling, so that makes sense that the "D" handle is attached with 1/4" bolts. I'm thinking you would be better off getting some 1/4" thick X 1" wide strap steel and make a hitch and bolt that on to the tongue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the problem. I too have a Gorilla cart, and the hitch pin is indeed a small diameter (probably 1/4"). But the pin goes through the top and bottom holes on the cart handle, with the tractor hitch hole in between, so the pin can't fall through that larger tractor hitch hole:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Its not that the pin would fall thur the tractor hitch hole its that a 1/4" pin is much to small in diameter and will bend when pulling or braking, judging from the picture posted the pin in the picture is larger than 1/4"

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
two pins. one for the folded handle and one for towing.
At least that's how it was on my son's.

·
Premium Member
9,974 Posts
You can put a bushing in the frame hole to take up the extra space. I would worry less about hurting the pin, and more about wallowing out the tractor frame hole (which I think I've done to mine).

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts