My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna put them together and see if I can't get a rake under my carrier to gather up some some limbs, roots, etc on some pushed up woods. (It's kinda tough leaning over picking up all the litter)::crybaby:

Ron

·
aceman
337 Posts
hi looks great should work good

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry guys. I should have said what I was doing a little better. I took the cultivator apart for the two 85 inch tool bars. My buddy wanted everything else back to go on another cultivator (I really think he just wanted me to torch all the stuff off for him!) Number 1 picture has now morphed into number 2 picture. Instead of being 49 inches wide it is now 85 inches wide and I have another angle bar to hang something else on to at some point (whenever I think of something else). I had to go over to Ag Supply to get the other "King Weeder Teeth". I also picked up some 3/8 bolts. I'll try not to make any comments about the state the threads on about 1/2 of them was in. I got the thing put together just prior to getting a little soaking.
I'll try to get a little paint on the project prior to hanging it under my carrier in photo 3 above.

Ron

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I finally got my "rake" together this afternoon between rain showers. As you can see in the above picture it is a pretty long rake - 7 feet. I was looking at the Sears 3 point hitch and got out the 3 point cultivator, took the feet off the cultivator, bored two 9/16" holes in the cultivator bar and bolted her together. I didn't care for the angle of the tines so tomorrow I intend to take the 8 inch tires off the front and replace with 6 inch tires. My hope is to appear to raise the rear up a little trying to fool the tines into being more perpendicular to the ground. If I can get some dry weather in I will take some pictures of the little Sears at work Monday trying to drag some roots. stems, etc. to try to save my mowers life while I'm mowing my son's new ground. :hide:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Alright Ron, I'm beginning to get the drift of what you're trying to accomplish. It all looks real good. Thanks for the pics & then can't wait for Monday to see the rake in action.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 point hitch, 7 foot rake with grandson driving 6.5hp powered old Sears doing some raking of limbs, roots, loose grass, etc.

I had the tines at 3 inches apart and am not satisfied with the results. I came home and moved them to 2 inches and will see if that does a better job on the litter. The rake is now 5 ft effective width. If it does a better job I will need 12 more of the tines to get it back to a 7 ft rake.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts