My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 7216 after a little work. I probably have about 6 hours of labor into it. No engine work yet. Just painted it, put the new wheels on, sharpened the blade, and brazed the lower handle back together. I previously did carb work on it to get the mower running. Still need to paint the inside of the wheels. It was a hot one this afternoon, and wanted to get back inside with the AC. It is 95 degrees out now at 5:30. I did not paint the shroud just the deck and a spare discharge cover I had laying around.

It looks a lot better IMO, but definitely not a musuem piece like many of the other restro projects I have seen on here. I will use this mower once I find a mulch cover and get it painted to match. I used Valspar Summer Leaf from Lowe's. It matches pretty well.

Sorry about the pictures they are from my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a before pic and my new banner I just hung in my garage.

Attachments

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
That is lookin good! I didn't realize that those models have the all independant height adj. IMO that is better than the ones with the rear height adj. tied together by a bracket and adjusted by one lever protruding through the back of the deck. It was kind of ironic that I was on ebay looking at es-bob's 5237 and thinking about how much I like that style of mower and I was thinking about how much fun it would be to restore that mower. Now I know where to get the paint and what color to use if I decide to take on another project, thanks.

·
Lawn-Boys and VW's
1,839 Posts
:trink39:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts