My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior MTF Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1872 back together a couple days ago after painting it.I used a hvlp paint gun with cc paint my reducer and hardener i got at napa.The blade on it could use a paint job too.But i need a brake from painting.(also redid my 1882 this winter its in another thread).

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im glad to see that I am not the only one who doesnt like the ccc emblem for the front grille.I have a 2072 and I dropped almost $50.00 on a CCC emblem and after mounting it on the grille,took it off and spent another $35.00 on a IH emblem for it(LOL).Your 1872 looks great!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Outstanding work. What paint did you use for the white?

·
Senior MTF Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im glad to see that I am not the only one who doesnt like the ccc emblem for the front grille.I have a 2072 and I dropped almost $50.00 on a CCC emblem and after mounting it on the grille,took it off and spent another $35.00 on a IH emblem for it(LOL).Your 1872 looks great!!!!!!
I was wondering who would notice that 1st wish i had a prize for you:dunno:
I got that ih emblem off ebay for a 782 i use to have but it was the wrong one so i figured what the hack and but it on the 1872.

·
Senior MTF Member
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was easy to spot since mine is the same way.That ole CCC emblem just didn't do nothing for me,but at least I have it should someone start in on me about it(LOL)!!!!!!!!
For what it's worth i did put a new CCC decal on the back of the fender by the light.After i had it on i wished i just left it alone but i will live with it.

PS you got a very nice herd of CUBS:trink40:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks,I wanted to post some pics but when I tried to fire up the camera I discovered it was no longer working.One of these days (pretty soon) I am going to get a new one and get some pic posted.Even though I would never get out of them what I have in them,the enjoyment of fixing them up is worth alot to me.I just simply like dim ole cubs!!!!!:fing32:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.