My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Recycler
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone's interested, but there was a Colt, Case, Ingersoll show in Rockford IL this past weekend and myself and some others took a bunch of pictures. There were about 75 tractors in the event and all of them had a story to tell. I traveled over 650 miles one way from Central PA to take my ArticIngerCase, and it was worth every penny I spent getting there.

I hope you enjoy looking at all of the beautiful tractors.
Here's links to the pictures:

Scott's Pictures

Darren's Pics Pg. 1

Darren's Pics Pg. 2

Darren's Pics Pg. 3

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great pictures; thanks for posting them. What's the story with the Ingersoll 4525K? Looks like it has a water cooled engine. The power steering setup on it and the 4118D next to it are different than I've seen on these before.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thanks for sharing. slkpk

·
Recycler
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pictures; thanks for posting them. What's the story with the Ingersoll 4525K? Looks like it has a water cooled engine. The power steering setup on it and the 4118D next to it are different than I've seen on these before.
Best described by Darren on case-ingersoll-tractors.com
The 4118-D factory test mule was something to see. The story behind it was "A sold tractor the factory purchased back" and used as a design and testing mule for prototype testing. Just looking at it I am sure some of us recognized some production items that most likely originated from the prototype designs on this tractor. Now the most interesting prototype was the 4525 Ingersoll. This was by far the most radical departure from any production or prototype tractor I have seen to date. This tractor quite literally took a long leap away from basic OE tractors with it's frame and front axle design that was making a lot of those in attendance drooling. Oh if only the design could have been brought into production it would have really given the other manufacturers of mini-subcompacts fits. Our tried and true hydraulic system was expanded into a dual system with the addition of a separate/independent hydraulic accessory power system. Though this being something many of us have dreamed and some have actually built into our own tractors it pales in comparison to the frame and front axle design. The engineers did more than just a beefier frame and axle. They widened the frame, completely redesigned they way it attaches to the rear axle which from what I could see and photograph made the whole attaching assembly not only stronger but easier for any internal maint. and repairs. Then, moving forward with the newer massive formed channel frame it narrows down in width at the front axle to accept current quick attach system but in a stronger form. The formed side plate assemblies which made up the quick attach mount, axle for and aft locating guide and frame reinforcement was a bolt on assembly allowing for ease of maint. It also allows for future redesigns of accessory mounting systems that only imagination can limit.

Now some of you at this point may be saying "well your still limited by the axle beam and what it can handle!" Not so on this tractor says I. The prototype axle is even more impressive. Though the basic shape of our current axle has been retained with it's "I" beam design it has been put on steroids and makes the loader axle look wimpy. Not only is it about 3 times the size of current GT axle beams but the king pin inclination has been improved for easier steering and placing the load in line with the center of the tread to reduce "tire swing" while turning. The power steering design combines a true hydraulic double ended cylinder with a tie rod arrangement simular to today's rack and pinion system used in auto manufacturing making for a nice, compact and powerful system. Words cannot describe what "could have been" and short of seeing in person pictures will have to suffice.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for posting the narrative. I like the power steering design; reminded me of something you might see on an outboard motor.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

·
Tractorhead
270 Posts
shenninger - As others have stated; Thank You very much for posting the links to Scott's and Darren's pictures of the CCI show in Rockford IL - those are great. What in the world do you mean "I don't know if anyone's interested". What?!?!?!? Always enjoy seeing other guys/gals tractors.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
On Darren's Pics Pg. 1 there is a picture of a 646. The travel pedal is stuck down and there is a piece of rope tied around it and wrapped up.
Anyone know the story?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts