My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought this tractor 10 years ago when we bought a house and 4 acres to be mowed. Sadly all these years I've treated her like a lawnmower and although I kept the oil and filters changed, etc, she never really got the care she deserved. Today she got her first bath and waxing since I've owned her.

After finding MTF I found out that this tractor is pretty highly sought after. And here I just bought it cause I thought it could handle the 4 acres of mowing. :duh:

Anyway, she stills helps with the mowing chores but she now pulls a bottom plow, a disc harrow, cultivator, and the grandkids around on a rusty old red trailer.

Sometimes we just get lucky huh? :)

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,254 Posts
Wow that 1990 318 is beautiful. Is that original paint?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir. But the pics don't tell the whole story. There's rust bubbling under the paint. I figure this winter I'll have it sandblasted and take it to a paint shop for redoing. I'd love to do it myself but I just don't have the ability that I see from the guys here.

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,254 Posts
Yes sir. But the pics don't tell the whole story. There's rust bubbling under the paint. I figure this winter I'll have it sandblasted and take it to a paint shop for redoing. I'd love to do it myself but I just don't have the ability that I see from the guys here.
Oh, if it's a 1990 model, it probably has the powdercoat disease. It is common in the 318s from '88 to 92'.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:thanku:for the pictures! Beautiful 318, it just needs the front emblem put back on!:duh:
Yes sometimes we get lucky! lol
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Looks good! I look forward to enjoying my new 318 just as much :thThumbsU

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thanku:for the pictures! Beautiful 318, it just needs the front emblem put back on!:duh:
Yes sometimes we get lucky! lol
View attachment 312882
Actually I have the emblem Sonny. But I wanted to get the grill blasted and repainted before I put it on. One of the first things I saw when I got to MTF was KATT sayin something about a tractor not having an emblem. LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! I look forward to enjoying my new 318 just as much :thThumbsU
They are amazing machines JohnnyReb. And I'm sure I don't know the half of it. When I broke my garden this spring my neighbor asked me who I got to turn it over for me. I pointed at my little 318 with the bottom plow hanging off the back and he didn't believe me. So I fired it up and let him add about 5 ft to my garden for me. :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Looks good. The 318's have a good reputation and it looks like yours is in great shape.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Actually I have the emblem Sonny. But I wanted to get the grill blasted and repainted before I put it on. One of the first things I saw when I got to MTF was KATT sayin something about a tractor not having an emblem. LOL
Who's KATT......:sidelaugh

Yours truly qualifies for the emblem :fing32:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank ya'll for the kind words. :thThumbsU

·
Deceased April 2016
1,225 Posts
Hello Ron
Very Nice 318 you have there. When you place the new grill emblem I would suggest that you make a Plate for the rear of the emblem as they originally came with juist the speed nut's on them which do not hold them good to the grill. I suspect that is why we see so many without them..:duh:. One short coming of the 318's is the cramped seat arrangement. I swapped my original set out with one off of a John Deere 345. I made sure to place the mounting holes as far back as they would go so that the rear of the seat Track's just miss hitting the fender pan, when it is in the farthest rearward Position. I now have plenty of leg room on mine and enjoy sitting higher and having the option of moving it forward and back. Hammerdown

1 - 16 of 16 Posts