My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been living in a mobile home on about 1.5 acres for the past 5 years but have been recently looking for another place due to the high utility bills and the house was very hard to heat and cool.

The wife works nights sitting with an elderly lady so she was going to work a couple weeks ago and took a shortcut down a country road where she spotted this empty house on a beautiful piece of land in the country. The house was owned by an elderly couple who were eager to rent to us for only slightly more than we were paying for the trailer.

The house is georgeus inside and looks like new.The yard is about 4 acres with over 40 pecan trees in the front yard and also has Magnolias and several large Oaks.There is also a 2 car shelter and a 20ft. container out back which makes a nice shop for the mowers.I quickly found out it takes about 12hrs. to cut the grass with the big Yazoo but we love it regardless.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
Congrats! 12 hours to mow... wow!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Let's make this a thread if possible. Everyone post their battleground (yard). Pics coming soon.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Congratulations Yazooman!:congrats:

Its got to be a great feeling to get out of the trailer:woohoo1:

Pets look like they are enjoying the permanent vacation too!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you say " over 40 pecan trees in the front yard "??????????

Get your rake out!!!!! That's a great FREE workout!!!

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations Yazooman!:congrats:

Its got to be a great feeling to get out of the trailer:woohoo1:

Pets look like they are enjoying the permanent vacation too!
I have lived a lot of my life in a trailer but that one we moved from sat in the sun. That one was nice but the metal roof and siding made it impossible to cool. We had been running the central air along with 2 ceiling fans plus 2 pedastel fans and were still burning up. This house has ice cold heat pump. The first nite in the house my wife said im cold. MY reply SHUT UP AND GO GET A BLANKET. As for the pets they love it. Our can was mainly an outside cat now you cant make him go out all he wants to do is stay inside and sleep..

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Man, what I'd do for a bag of real pecans...Mmmmm.

My Texas roots gave me a hint of pecan in my blood......Love'm! They don't grow up here tho...

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Whoah, nice place!! Love the 70's interior, I wish my landlord (Mom) would let me redo my house like that. I'm not kidding.

·
Administrator
21,218 Posts
Very nice home! You did well. Probably about time to double or triple your mower stash, don't you think?

The pets seem to have moved right in!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Great pics..:thanku: I see a rider in your near future!! :ROF

Check out some of the Members Homes-->

:trink39:

Ok. DId not know that was there. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts