My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some pics tonight of my place. This is the home that I grew up in, bought
it from my mom a few years ago after my dad passed away. The house was built
in the mid 1890's, over the last 4 to 5 years the old wood siding was removed, all new insulation decking and vinyl siding put on, new furnace and central air. Working on getting the soffit put on and new double pain windows. Used to have an old barn that was 42' x64 ' and 30' peak. It was destroyed about 8 years ago in a bad storm. Put in 2 new 24'x40' pole barns to replace it.

1st pic house from the south side and grandsons play set.

2nd pic 2nd barn where the garden is at.

3rd pic is the garden. Things are starting to grow nicely

4th pic 2nd barn from north side, all the land scaping(rocks) around both barns were pulled from a rock pile we had from when we were running the farm. Bordered with mini fence and old farming antiques.

5th pic house from west side

6th pic back of property from front of second barn facing south/east

7th pic west side of second barn

last pic is west side of 1st barn. This one is where we park our vehicles, closest to the house. The other one is the tractor garage and my work shop

hope they all turned out ok. Have 1.83 acres. used to farm about 200 of the property behind us. some of it was my grandparents property. All of which has been sold now, most of it to a mega farm that runs about 3,000 plus head of dairy cattle about 10 miles south me.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great looking place you have there. It's nice to see old houses saved instead of allowed to fall in.

Keep up the great work.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Nice place. I like the house. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Must've been a no-brainer, buying the home you grew up in. Looks like a wonderful home.

The gf and I moved back into my childhood home with my mother when dad passed away a little over 2 years ago.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Nice homestead! :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

Has been a lot of work and still a ways to go to get where I want it. No there wasn't even a second though on buying it. Would have loked to have gotten more of the acreage though.

Grateful11, you are right, I don't sit a lot. If your setin your not getting anything accomplished. Although I do pay for it at times and have to take a day once in a while and slow down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts