My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was first researching the GR2110 I don't think I ever found good pictures of the bagger attachment. Well mine finally came in and rather than waiting for the dealer to install it, I went ahead and picked up the kit today. Here are some pictures.

The bagger assembly requires replacing the rear panel of the mower. The new panel comes with the kit.

External blower assembly requires replacing the standard right hand side pully on top of the spindle as well as replacing the spindle guard. The rear of the blower has a pin that goes into a hole prebuilt on the mower deck. The front pin fits into a new bracket that bolts into holes already on the mower deck. This whole assembly was the most time consuming part of the installation.

GR2110-54 With the bagger attachment installed

View of how the rear bagger portion attaches to the tractor.

Bags are very nice high quality netting. Should give me quite a few years worth. When you pivot the top open there is a pin that can be latched to lock it in place.

Bagger attachment in the closed position.

At first I question how the heck could they justify $1400 for a bagger attachment. Well after receiving the kit I can now see how they charge at least 3/4 of it. One negative part of the bagger is there isn't a easy removal process to it. So for those that only use a bagger once in a while, this is definitely not the kit for you. I haven't been able to run it yet since it took longer than expected to install. But should have a review up by the end of the week. Enjoy!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice looking unit. slkpk

·
Registered
843 Posts
Very nice unit! It looks very well made!
For me the bagger has never been an option. I hate the extra work of putting the cut grass onto the compost and spreading it the next year in the garden. I try to be practical why not leave it where it has been cut in the first place? And if someone doesn't like my yard, so what! I can live with that. I must add that I have on average a 70-80 hr work week, so I cherish my time as to precious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, finally got out and mowed with the bagger. Wow what a difference. I am use to having to mow without the bagger first, then going back over it with the bagger attached on the Craftsman. I am absolutely thrilled with the Kubota. It did fantastic! The bags are huge, and the blower makes it so nothing escapes the mower deck.

As for bagging vs not bagging, probably the biggest reason I like to bag is too keep all the bad grass seeds such as water grass and such from being spread throughout the yard. This yard is still really young just seed planted it it less than two years ago. So while I like keeping it looking nice for everyone to see, its definitely not my primary objective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts