My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today was day one of the Tolland County 4H Fair. The fair is all day tomorrow and Sunday morning until about 3pm.

Todays tractor events consisted of: judging of tractors (we were judged by a veteran diesel mechanic and shop teacher) We were asked general questions about the tractor, engine type, hp, etc., as well as engine knowledge questions, difference between 2 and 4 stroke, torque, and hp, etc. We were then asked to start our tractor, run it at idle, then full throttle.

Later, we had a tractor driving obstacle course. The 4H-owned JD GT242 was hooked up to a 6x8 flatbed utility trailer. Cones were set up in a slalom course pattern, about 7-8 feet apart. Whoever completed the course in the least amount of time won. Seconds were added for cones hit.

After, we had another tractor driving obstacle course, but with a different cone arrangement, and we got to use our own tractors. We weaved through 2 sets of cones, then a straightaway. The same timing procedure was used.

Then, the last event of the day, we had straight drag races, two tractors at a time. We drove about 80 feet to a cone, then turned around the cone, and came back, with each tractor getting his/her own cone.

Picture time, here are some candids I took, sorry no action pics.

The Cub Cadet 680 Hydro:

willtractors101 on his Sears Custom 10XL

A Restored Cub Cadet 122 (left) and Restored Cub Cadet 102 (right)

A Restored Cub Cadet 100, Montgomery Wards 14, Sears SS/16, and Bolens 800

The pull is tomorrow, and pictures can be expected :thThumbsU

Thats all for now

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great pics and looks like a fun day. slkpk

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Yes, great pics. Nice to see the younger generation getting involved. Is that a Mayrath in the background of the third picture?????

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, great pics. Nice to see the younger generation getting involved. Is that a Mayrath in the background of the third picture?????
yes, that is a 1949 Mayrath Utility tractor

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some more pictures

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Thanks for posting those. I'm glad you got some good shots of the Mayrath. Those are pretty rare and even more so in restored condition. I see the little T92 transmission in there. Same tranny they put in my Power Kings.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, its a great little machine, and it won all its races, except when it raced a go kart haha

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the pull was yesterday morning.

the 680 won pulling 1920 pounds
the 100 with the stack pulled 1920 (not as far)
the ss/16 pulled 1720 pounds
the 10xl pulled 1720 (not as far)
the 102 pulled about 1300

not sure about the others

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
Too bad it wasn't LAST saturday,I went thru Tolland on my wat to E.Hartford to go to the Podunk Festival (and see my favorite all american bluegrass girl Rhonda Vincent ,and Ricky Scaggs!)..I would have stopped in to watch the pulls!..

I went there & home by Rt.84,to 74,to 44.101 and Rt.295.95 and 495!..100 miles exactly each way..I hate using the MA pike to get to CT,it seems stupid to go 50 miles NORTH when I want to go WEST!..(but its only 6 miles longer..no tolls going the back roads,and fewer idiots trying to run you off the roads too)..

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
owen, that was the pull before your cub broke lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
WOW these are old pics. before my 10xl got the 26x12s. and before the paint got scratched up lol

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking of which, new avatar?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts