1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice setup. slkpk

·
Registered
533 Posts
Bigger issue is, were did you get those sweet Ag tires on your 226? What size are they as in the pic's they appear to barely clear the fenders? VERY NICE!

Good Info on the sleeve hitch, might suggest a pic of installing a 3/4 bolt in the tow bar when you remove the lift plate/arm to install a mowing deck as the majority of owners don't remove the entire hitch when a deck or other accessories are installed.

Also, if possible show the difference between the long sleeve hitch for the 400's & 4000 series's compared to the shorter one that used with the lower profile tractors such as the 200/3000 series's. (might ask around to get pic's if you don't have the larger profile tractor/hitches).

:trink39:

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bigger issue is, were did you get those sweet Ag tires on your 226? What size are they as in the pic's they appear to barely clear the fenders? VERY NICE!

Good Info on the sleeve hitch, might suggest a pic of installing a 3/4 bolt in the tow bar when you remove the lift plate/arm to install a mowing deck as the majority of owners don't remove the entire hitch when a deck or other accessories are installed.

Also, if possible show the difference between the long sleeve hitch for the 400's & 4000 series's compared to the shorter one that used with the lower profile tractors such as the 200/3000 series's. (might ask around to get pic's if you don't have the larger profile tractor/hitches).

:trink39:
Thank you... good ideas in all. The problem with getting to detailed about this post is my example is a 400 series hitch on a 200 series. Haha! shshshsh... don't tell anyone! haha! It was all I had at the time. The last pic example is a 200 series hitch though.:fing32:

·
GET TOUGH GET A CASE!
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is that the 226 that is now a 328? :howdy:
Sure is bud! :fing32:
It had 3 forms. Stock, in-between, (as seen above) and then finally a 328.
It took awhile to get everything together to start the tear down and conversion. I was torn on two ideas and after much debate I went with what you see.
I actually started it sooner than planned. I had broken the lift cylinder bracket right off the frame while pushing snow and after removing the engine and other things to fix it and to build a new bracket, I decided to keep tearing it apart. I found way to many parts worn out to put it back together as it was. Plus it had rust pitting pretty heavy under the paint and I didn't want that to keep spreading any longer.:fing32:

·
Lawnmower Collector
755 Posts
Sure is bud! :fing32:
It had 3 forms. Stock, in-between, (as seen above) and then finally a 328.
It took awhile to get everything together to start the tear down and conversion. I was torn on two ideas and after much debate I went with what you see.
I actually started it sooner than planned. I had broken the lift cylinder bracket right off the frame while pushing snow and after removing the engine and other things to fix it and to build a new bracket, I decided to keep tearing it apart. I found way to many parts worn out to put it back together as it was. Plus it had rust pitting pretty heavy under the paint and I didn't want that to keep spreading any longer.:fing32:
It looks really good!

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts