My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Small Engine Tech
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I manage to achieve my savings goal this week, and despite being out of work at the moment, I am able to pick up the Deutz Allis 902d this friday. Here are some pics the owner sent me. My wife and I plan to save up and get a tiller for it by late fall or early spring. We want to put in a large garden as we both want to start eating more healthy, but that is expensive to do at the grocery. We are planning on growing most everything to make salads, some sweet corn and maybe even pumpkins for halloween next year. If anybody has a complete rototiller that will fit this model with an easy on the budget price, please drop me a line. Thanks Mike and Michele T

·
Small Engine Tech
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so, we are applying for state assistance, which is something I never thought I would have to do in my lifetime. Its almost embarssing to admit we are doing this. We live in the 2nd worst city in the nation to find employment. My wife has 10+ years experience working in a credit union, while great for another job in that field, she has no experience doing anything else and that has hurt her chances at several job locations. I have applied for most anything I can find without much luck. There are so many here out of work from the automakers and other industries hit hard by this economy. Just one trip thru the produce dept at the local grocery is reason enough to put out a garden. Who can complain about fresh veggies and salad from the garden. For those working, be thankfull for your jobs and pray for those of us looking high and low for gainfull employment. Hopefully the coming winter will get folks bringing in thier mowers for fall servicing and snowblowers being gotten ready for the coming winter. I also need to find the sleeve hitch adapter for this tractor, so I can use my moldboard plow, culitivator and box blade. In time I want a snowblower for the front as well. I am debating when I repaint it, to go to the allis orange or just repaint it the odd Deutz green. Can you even get deutz green in spray cans affordably, most dealers want 10 bucks can for paint. I cant spray with an air gun, not set up for it. I found the decals for the hood. Cheers Mike and Michele T

·
Registered
745 Posts
That is a nice looking tractor. Should get some real good torque out that diesel.

·
Small Engine Tech
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope so, along with fuel economy, very important when money is super tight. Anybody out there have a tiller or the sleeve hitch adapter that goes on the back, or atleast a good pic of one off the tractor. I have a buddy that can fabricate, a pic would help in that aspect. Thanks Mike and Michele T

·
Super Moderator
17,457 Posts
That is one awesome looking tractor--I think you found a king!!

Also--a very positive outlook in these trying times...

Keep the faith and let us know--sometimes just haveing people to 'vent' to is relief enough...

glenn

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nice looking tractor!!! Hope the garden turns out OK, and the job search even better!! I got buddies in the trades, 1 guy has only worked 20 days this year, the other guy has worked 8. I do all I can for them + pray & pray. It aint easy with kids to feed. My wife has a garden, 30'X30', grows like mad, she waters every day, and lets the veggies rot on the ground, we have 4 kids, hard to keep up with everything! I like your out look, I'm sure things will turn around for you, keep ya in my prayers.
Mouse

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Very nice tractor and good luck with the job search. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. slkpk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.