My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have finally found the correct blade for my 400. It is not in the best shape but it is all there and just needs some paint and sand blasting. It's only a 5 hours each way but for the price it is worth it.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Good for you. You will like it, I have one for my 400, but I can't use it anymore as I have my loader mounted. Maybe one day another 400 will show up and start using it...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked it up and it is in pretty decent shape. Will probably replace the original hoses what's the best route to go on that get them from deere or have a shop build them?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would go to JD Parts.com and see what they are priced at and then compare with your local hydraulics store or possibly NAPA. When I replaced all the hoses on my 20 loader for my 400, I found that JD was cheaper than my local Parker store by a good bit. I did not look at NAPA but I know they can make some hoses depending on the store.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the quick connect to the cylinders it seems like there is some not needed adapters in the equation. There is a #5 JIC fitting coing off a jic to 1/8 npt then a 90. couldn't you just get an 18" piece of hose with 1/4 npt male ends and get a 1/8 male 90 to 1/4 female 90 or 45? I thought the point of JIC fittings is so that there is no twist but if you have quick connects on the ends it doesn't really matter does it?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squeezed 12 gallons of WWF into each of the rear tires for a gain of 100 lbs each it should help a lot any idea on the weight of the 56 blade? Tractor alone weighed 950 before loading the rear tires I would imagine it is close to 1400 now?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Figure about 200 for a front blade. I used mine plenty without any ballast and never had an issue, especially if I was only moving dirt. With fluid filled tires though it should work really well in all kind of traction conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts