My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I had posted on here awhile back that I was helping my father locate a super GT. Well, he narrowed it down to one of the 1872's I posted last month. I do have a few questions though...

This 1872 has a 50" deck, does anyone know the model/part numbers for gatorblades? along with this deck? I think it's a 50c? but don't really know until we pick it up.

Does anyone know if the gatorblades will provide enough lift to push the leaves and grass clippings into a bagger?

Where can I find an image of a super with a bagger system? We have a 3 bag cub unit that was mounted on my 1811 (slight modification). I believe my 44" deck had the same style deck, so I'm hoping it will fit on this 1872 for dad.

Can the 3pt be locked in the up position? Thinking we can hang the bagger from it when it isn't in use?

Any suggestions on 26" ags for this tractor? He plans on swapping the turfs out for ags. Where can I find a set of cub wheels to swap out from Ag to Turf? How about suggestions on front tires? I noticed the V61 (I think that's the number) mentioned on here. They are the only rib style tires i've seen.

Also.. any clue where a front blade can be purchased? new or used?

Thanks again,
Nick

p.s. I will post pictures once dad picks it up this weekend.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have gator blades on my LT1045 w/bagger. It does fine. I would assume it would be the same on the 50" on a SGT, but you know what happens when you assume...

For tires try M.E. Miller (sponsor) they've got good prices also Tires Unlimited and Cedar Rapid Tires. I know most people go with the Carlisle AGs, pretty much an industry standard.

Your best bet on a blade is going to be used. It uses a hydraulic blade, right? It's definitely going to cost more than a manual one. I don't know if you can mount a manual one or not, you should with some slight mods... Sources... probably R.F. Houtz, Patton Acres, and ebay.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The front blade would be a Haban 54". You can either have the manual angle or hyd angle. The deck will be a 50c. The V61's are the favorite for the guys I know.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You will need a Haban blade for it. I know Rich Patton at www.pattonacres.com/ Has one there. I was just looking at it a weak ago. He will also have wheels. If he doesn't have any wheel, www.xtrememotorworks.com/ is making new ones.

The www.vredestein.com/ v-61 are supposed to be the best thing you can get.

I think the only thing that you can lock on the supers is the deck. The way the lift is made I don't think you can lock the 3-point with out disconnecting the lift arm of the back ( near the 3point) and maybe put a bolt in. I would imagine you could make a 3 point mount for a bagger. Depends on how ambitious you are.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Here is a link to my photo bucket album on my 1872, There are 10 pages of pics there on everything form a new motor to rebuilding my 50c deck with gators. I don't remeber the part # but any one who sells gators should be able to cover that. One BIG NOTE on the Gators on 50C deck. They are just a little too long. The blades will slightly touch each other if not trimmed a little. I mean just a little. You can grind maybe 1/16 off the end of each blade or take 1/8 off the end of the center blade. That's what I did. Then re-balance them. They work as well or better than stock. and provide one of the best cuts I've ever had on a garden tractor. Pretty good for a 30+ year old deck design.
http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/squatchout/cubby/

Check my Rat Rod Cub post on this forum. Pics of my 1872 with tru-power rear tires and V61 fronts. That's the way to go. Get then from "miller tire" You won't find better customer service.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=147087

As for the front blade you have one choice. The Haban 54" for supers. It is a heavy beast and different from what the regular GT's use. You just have to watch the classifieds ect. They do come up periodically. I've seen 3 since I bought mine. Just don't expect anyone to give them away because demand is high.

For part# including all the attachments go to this site.
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category1_10051_14101_1100505_Y_-1
Type 1872 in the search bar. click on the line that comes up blue.
This has exploded diagrams and part#s for everything.

This man here seems to make some great products for the supers.
http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/

Congratulations on the new/old super!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 1872 and a 46" deck with the bagging system and the manual says that is the biggest deck that can be used with the bagger. Could take some pictures of it if needed?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
One thing about that tractor(had one for 5 years). Watch the carb. It loves to condense water for some odd reason. If it's gonna be inside you should have no problem, but outside or in a shed I'd watch it carefully. Just one drop of water makes it to where it won't start, necessitating the removal of the carb and cleaning it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts