My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Your album doesn't show. Make sure it is set to 'public' or put it on Photobucket or something like that. Or post the pictures directly on here. Many times links to photo albums don't work because the viewer has to be a member of that site or a whole host of other problems.

This is what I get even after loging with my hotmail accnt(which some of us can't even get this far):

This album might not be shared with you
It appears that you don’t have permission to access Snow Blower - $250 (Highgate). You might be trying to access it with a different account or might need to ask the album’s owner for permission to access it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/1962258783.html

I think these are the pictures. I saw it posted on CL. That's a pretty good deal - I actually paid $400 for mine and it needed a new belt and one weld fixed. Yours looks to be in very good condition though.

Also, if you ever need to order any replacement parts for it, make sure you go by the first generation part listing (the auger assembly is a dead give-away.)

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yup, those are the pictures. I figured even if it needs a few parts it will be worth it for the price I'm paying.
From the pictures, it looks pretty well complete. I even see the belt hanging there.

Also, make sure you get the tractor frame mounts (they look like two metal tabs with two holes in them.) It's what holds the back of the driveshaft/pulley assembly (where the long rod is with the two pins) to the underside of the tractor frame. I didn't see them in the picture, so make sure you ask for them (including the mounting bolts.) Sometime people forget to take them off the tractor (as you don't need to take them off when you uninstall the blower.)

Otherwise, it looks like you might need to do a little painting of the surface rust. It's pretty common with this particular model as the paint tends to bubble. Also, rather than buying the CC yellow factory paint (which is very expensive at $15/can and not a perfect match anyway), go find yourself some Rustoleum High Gloss Marigold Yellow paint. Even though it's also not a "perfect" match (like I said neither is the CC yellow factory paint) it's the closed I've found to the original paint and it only costs about $4-5/can. Plus it leaves a very nice finish (I repainted mine with it.)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ericdube,

Here some more pictures. Do you see the tractor frame mounts in any of these pictures?

In the first picture I see a metal bar that looks like it has a bar that slides through holes in the frame. Or maybe the bar slides into the frame mounts you are talking about.

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here some more pictures. Do you see the tractor frame mounts in any of these pictures?

In the first picture I see a metal bar that looks like it has a bar that slides through holes in the frame. Or maybe the bar slides into the frame mounts you are talking about.
They're not in the picture. Yes, it's what the bar slides through and then those tabs get bolted to the tractor frame. It's part number 7 in the parts breakdown. I'd post a manual showing it, but I could never find one on-line for that model snow blower (although if you should try to get the manual from the owner as it explains all this in great detail.)

Do yourself a favor and go to www.cubcadet.com and enter 190-341-100 as the product model # in the parts section. It will bring up an illustrated parts list of the snow blower (your model is the one listed as "before SN XXXX" in the breakdown list - this applies only to the auger assembly though.). Look over the diagrams carefully and you'll see all the parts including mounting bolts that should come with the blower. Try to get as many as you can as the sizes typically aren't stocked at your local Home Depot and Cub generally charges outrageous money for the replacement hardware $2-3/bolt.

Also, one other thing I *just* noticed is that it looks like the tensioner spring might be missing on the secondary pulley (but the picture isn't great, so I can't be certain.) The owner might have just removed it when they took the belt off, but when you look at it check to make sure it's there.

Either way if something is missing, it's still heck of a deal so don't walk away from it. But if you can get the parts, I would ask so you save some money down the road having to buy replacement parts. Anyway, all of these items are minor anyway and can be easily replaced from Cub Cadet.

Good luck and let us know how you make out with it!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even if I had to put a couple of hundred into it I'd still get it. I think new they're asking $1300 for the snow blower.

Even if I needed to get the frame mounts and tensioner spring it's less than $30 including shipping.

Thanks for the help and I'll keep everyone posted once I get it cleaned, painted and mounted to the tractor.

Andy

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked the snow blower Saturday morning. The guy had used it at his previous house for two years and then moved to his current house which has a 1/4 mile driveway.

Instead of snow blowing he bought a plow for his pick up truck.

As Eric suspected the tensioner spring was missing so I've ordered that as well as some spare parts.

Hopefully the parts will come in this week and I can get it mounted and installed on my tractor this weekend to make sure it's ready for when the snow flies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts