1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BOSS
96 Posts

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
100 dollars hood not included tires hold air ran last season 12.5 horse kohler command pro

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahaha

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Looks good. I don't care how my machines are cosmetically(except for grill emblems of course:ROF:ROF:ROF), just how they are mechanically.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
It is rough, but with some work could be a runner. I am not far from there myself! Definitly check the oil of course. See if it spins over. The usual! I personally would not pay $100 for it. Not worth that much without the hood! Let us know how you make out!

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah he said it was a runner. not goin to use it to mow most likely gunna put my spair tranny under it with the locked diff i made for my race mower project then maybe lift it up a little bit. .. I forgot to mention he said the steering was seized? dafuq? i have an entire steering system off the racemower. i just dont get how it could be seized

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Hi *******! In that case,should do you fine as a play toy! We had a seized steering on our JD 111, rust is your issue! Also how it is sitting! Get it jacked up some, lubed EVERTHING! Wd-40 is your friend, grease the steering gears, lubed the spindles. That should help, and then start turning the wheel while on jack! Should start freeing up. Good luck!!
Eric

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup. i filled my little toolbox i have on my scotts (jd) (see other thread) with everything i may need tommarrow, i am hoping it is just rust. especially since it has no hood and sat like that for a while. not using my truck. it making a terrible engine knock. a friend is taking me. should be an experience not sure if he has ramps and i lent mine out.. well we will see tommarow

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
Good luck!:fing32:

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
couple hours cant wait antsy as heck

·
BOSS
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got it.. ended up being a 13 horse! with a hydro :( but i got it running it had a stuck needle valve then gas was finally filling up in the bowl i got her running for a couple of minutes then shut he down becuase the carb was leaking like ****.. well turns out the bolt that holds the bowl on cracked the "nut" so to say and the bowl doesnt seat all the way. i am going to buy a tube of gasket sealent a new bowl gasket and a bolt gasket(it doesnt have one now) and sealent the sh*t out of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts