My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's pics of the R7070 I picked up today off of Craigslist. It's a 1980 model and has a crack in the shroud. The scratches in the pic are not as bad as they look. It needs an air filter cover and a fuel valve assembly and the left front wheel is starting to split but it has an excellent deck and it started on the first pull and runs well. It's a keeper. Did these have a yellow or green filter cover? Thanks to LawnboyTim for pointing this one out to me.

Attachments

·
collector of the old
380 Posts
my r7070 has a green filter color, but I dont know if it is the original

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Glad you got it, the price was great too, some new decals, and a good cleaning it will look like a new mower.:fing32:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the regular 7070 and the R7070?
Is it regarding the years?
I notice the parts lookup shows a 7070 and the R7070.
Also was any 7070 serial only a promotional model, or was there a non promo colored 7070?

·
Registered
216 Posts
oh and nice mower btw!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question guys. All the small items on this are black (pull handle, gas cap, switch) except for the primer bulb. Was the original bulb black or white? Thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Great mower / deal. I said before mine is my new favorite to use.
Bob, did you get that one from the Eau Claire CL? I called him, but it was already gone.

·
Banned
864 Posts
:congrats: :congrats: dude
try scrubbing the wheels whit bar keepers frend and it will make them as good as new

1 - 13 of 13 Posts