My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep an ad running on CL looking for Yazoos. Got a call from a guy about 150mi. away with this nice little S 22.He said his dad bought it new and used it 1 season then stored it in the barn ever since. Although the mower is in pristine condition it will need a good cleaning and a little tinkering to get going it is a very rare find in this condition.He has the belt cover and i got it for 60 bucks. Will go pick it up in a week or so.

·
JD318
990 Posts
Wow, what a great "barn find". Excellent!! We will have to see the "after cleanup" pics. Those knobby rear tires are like new.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
A little cleaning and it will look new. Good find.

·
Eco- Friendly landscaper.
164 Posts
I went and looked at one {a 26], that thing yanks you around in its wake!

They wanted $150 and would not budge!

It was nice, I just need a bagain!

But really that thing has potential! Nice find!:congrats:

·
Banned
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and looked at one {a 26], that thing yanks you around in its wake!

They wanted $150 and would not budge!

It was nice, I just need a bagain!

But really that thing has potential! Nice find!:congrats:
This is my 8hp. s26. A guy offered me 300 for it and was gonna drive to Ga. from La. to pick it up and i told mhim i wouldnt sell it.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Great find, I found one local for $425 looks just like the one you have pictured.... looking for a more reasonably priced one.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Didn't they make these things well into the 80's? I believe I saw new ones at a farm show when I was a kid, along with their reverse tricycle riding mower.

·
Lawnboy Green
633 Posts
Great pics and great find. They sure dont make them like that anymore. Thanks for posting the pics, I love those old well made :dancingpa machines!

Best wishes,
Bob

·
Master Junkinator........
102 Posts
nice! canada sucks for older mowers like that! i mean really sucks! hopfully ill find some mowers at the city clean up! its like junk heaven during that time of year!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts