My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I'm a new member here but have been a Gravely guy for some time. My Dad is still running his 12-G that's about 1 year older than myself. So I went out and bought an 814 that is in decent shape. Everything works except for the dreaded.... PTO clutch! Yikes.
I tried completely disconnecting the linkage to make sure that was not the issue. It slips under a light load.

Is there any decent source for these parts? Ideally I would buy a rebuilt or used but working entire PTO Clutch assembly and swap them. I plan on monitoring eBay for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,445 Posts
Yeah. Ebay. Or call Richard's and see if they have one, but that may be a long shot.

You really want the red-spring unit, but everybody else does too :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took your advice and gave Richard's a call. The person that answered the phone immediately knew what I was talking about. They have new PTO clutch cones, as well as a rebuild kit which includes the cone and some bearings and clips for the assembly. For what it is, the cost actually isn't bad. For me, I think I will wait to see if a decent condition used unit pops up on eBay. We haven't even seeded our lawn yet so I have some time! :)

Thanks jrd for the info!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just scored an entire PTO clutch assembly with red spring on eBay! Can't wait to put it in :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it took a few hours but I was able to replace the PTO shaft assembly. I was surprised to find a "red spring" unit in there. I'm not sure if factory Gravely's had any silicone on the transmission gasket, but this one did. So it may have been dug into previously. It ended up too late to take it for a test spin by the time I got it all back together. I'll give it a try tomorrow AM!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts