My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Snapper 2160151 from a local lady who said it has a broken crank. Anyhow we brought it home, no broken or even bent crank but it will rip your arm off when you pull the string. A little closer look and low and behold, no blade on it so of course it pulls your arm out of the socket. Anyway I tried looking on Snappers website for a parts breakdown and came up empty handed. It's got a 6hp Tecumseh on it if that helps. All we're working with is the shaft, the blade adapter thing and blade are long gone. Do you guys know anywhere to get a parts diagram for this mower or if there is another piece of equipment I can steal the blade adapter from? I tried to use one I had laying around from a Murray but the shaft on the Snapper is to large in diameter. I would assume many will fit but I dont know where to look. Thanks

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6hp and steel deck, not sure what series it is as the model search on snapper.com turned up nothing. I never knew they came with Tecumseh motors but I guess they did. Every one we have had previously had a B&S or WR. How would I figure out which series it is?

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool looks like I see the part I need, 1 question though. How would I know if it needs the 1/16 or 3/16 spacer?

·
TE Writer!
1,732 Posts
So is everything all good now? Does the blade adapter have a spline? I have an adapter for a Tecumseh, but it's for a spline shaft.

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By spline do you mean that little notch in the shaft that aligns with the protrusion in the adapter?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
check to see if flywheel key is also sheared. this happens easy on this engine. snapper used tech engines for some models. should say big 6 on the shroud. me and my neighbor have this same model. that splined blade adaptor looks like it came from an ariens

1 - 15 of 15 Posts