My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a farm auction today.. I picked up a belt drive that bolts to the PTO of a 9N. I'm not even a ford guy but the part looked like it needed a home.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Could it be for a belly mower?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a picture?? Do you know what it was used for??
I will get a picture later today. I think it was used for belt driven equipment that was stationary. I thought it was something that should be saved. They where chucking out lots of stuff so home it came.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Gereld This pulley was used to drive things that that were driven with a flat belt. We used ours to drive our hammer mill to grind feed and to run our buzz saw to cut firewood to length. the belt is usually 5"to 6" wide and 25' long. this was before most hammer mills were pto driven. I think I have a belt out in the barn.
You take off the pto cap on the pto. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the anti sway chains, slip the pulley on the pto then replace the bolts and you are ready to go. takes about 10min at most.Did it a hundred times

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for clearing that up Xdiver. I figured thats what it was for. I guess now i need to buy a Ford unit to put it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts