My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1969 articulating Lawn Keeper. It appears to be all original and in phenomenal condition. It runs and drives like a dream. Original Tech motor. I know close to nothing about these, so please feel free to chime in. I think it's missing a belt cover on the deck, which I don't anticipate is easy to find. If anyone knows where I might locate one I would be very appreciative.

Matt

Attachments

·
5,525 Posts
Wow nice buy.

Yes it is missing a belt cover on the deck. I say ebay or sams bolens is your best bet.

·
Young Buck
1,611 Posts
I realy like the look of the motor housing!
Nice find!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Very nice!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Jason

·
Registered
829 Posts
Looks really nice.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice!!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Jason
$400, which I didn't think was bad for an odd-ball, running and mowing original. You?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
$400, which I didn't think was bad for an odd-ball, running and mowing original. You?
Sounds like you got a good deal. It seems like they are pretty hard to find. How wide is the deck on it?

Jason

·
Just Have a Little Faith!
9,271 Posts
My dad had one of those. Very nice on level ground. The weak link was the articulated joint. He had to repair it a couple of times.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice, I want one of these, I passed up on one about a year ago for $200 bucks, :fing20: :fing20: kikin myself now for sure......

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
That is a very nice looking piece of machinery.

·
Registered
755 Posts
you got a good deal, if your unsure, put it up for sale here, if i had more work i would gladly give you 5-600.00 for it, unfortunately i don't have 100.00 to give you for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That IS cool. It just so happens I have one just like it. I bought it used and close to 20 years ago now because of the awesomest factor. I've been holding on to specifically for the reason of restoring it. Now that I have a few personal projects out of the way I'm thinking I might have time. It's in storage at my BIL's so I can't just run over and look at. What I do remember is that it had the green deck but the body was white with red trim? Also, my seat is rounder or more saucer shaped and I don't remeber the engine cover being on there. I'll have to refresh my memory. Here's the best part: "It ran when I parked it". :ROF

Anyway, nice tractor. :fing32:

·
16,824 Posts
Nice looking little machine..Definately a 'niche" type machine....:fing32:

I also see in the background of your pictures a Wheelhorse/two--some 'round hoods" on the floor, A yellow/white Cub, and a Panzer in the corner..:thanku:

Just something I get a kick out of--looking at other folk's equipement./shops/garages-.:not_worth

glenn

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Nice looking little machine..Definately a 'niche" type machine....:fing32:

I also see in the background of your pictures a Wheelhorse/two--some 'round hoods" on the floor, A yellow/white Cub, and a Panzer in the corner..:thanku:

Just something I get a kick out of--looking at other folk's equipement./shops/garages-.:not_worth

glenn
Did you catch the Bready there hiding in plain sight? :D :D

Looks like a cool little buggy!!! I dont know how well they worked, but defently cool looking. I can see how the joint in the center could be a issue with everyday use.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Nice looking unit , a super price too.In the short term you could get a sheet of thin perfed aluminum from a hardware store not sure if HD or TS would have it . You could trim it with tin snips and bend it into shape to add a little protection to the exposed parts until you can locate an original , just a thought .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice looking unit , a super price too.In the short term you could get a sheet of thin perfed aluminum from a hardware store not sure if HD or TS would have it . You could trim it with tin snips and bend it into shape to add a little protection to the exposed parts until you can locate an original , just a thought .
That's a good idea. It's basically just a three sided box so wouldn't be too hard to duplicate something close. I will have to wait until I tear into it though to make sure it's worth the effort. :thanku:

·
Registered
560 Posts
nice machine and a good buy, i've seen stuff in worse shape sell for alot more. great shape.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Does anyone know if that is same cover as a regular tube frame mowing deck cover?
Jonathan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts