My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I look up the year based on the serial number of my 3235? I don't know much about modern cub cadet's. What can anyone tell me about them.

It has a 60" deck with 44o hours. It is being delivered to me somtime this month.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
They are great machines, the 3000 Series are. Have you seen the actual unit?

The 3235:

23 HP Kohler Command V-Twin Engine
BDU-21 (ground engaging, heavy duty) hydro pump
Hydraulic Lift
Hydraulic Power Steering
Rear Diff-Lock

Those are some of the basics. There are quite a few 3000 Series owners on here, most of which are quite pleased with their machines. They can take some heavy abuse, for sure. There are a few common problems that they share, but none are serious enough to detract from the value of the machines as a whole.

Congrats! You have any pics?

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are great machines, the 3000 Series are. Have you seen the actual unit?

The 3235:

23 HP Kohler Command V-Twin Engine
BDU-21 (ground engaging, heavy duty) hydro pump
Hydraulic Lift
Hydraulic Power Steering
Rear Diff-Lock

Those are some of the basics. There are quite a few 3000 Series owners on here, most of which are quite pleased with their machines. They can take some heavy abuse, for sure. There are a few common problems that they share, but none are serious enough to detract from the value of the machines as a whole.

Congrats! You have any pics?
Sounds Good. Don't have any pictures yet. I saw a pic and I had a friend look at it before I bought it. It is about 700 miles round trip from me at a big CaseIH dealer. They worked me a decent deal to put it on a truck coming down to their Omaha branch as lond as I wasn't in a big hurry. Should have it Christmas! :praying:

Don't know what I am going to do with, possibly keep and use, maybe sell as I got a good deal on it.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Alright! Keep us in the loop when it comes home! So you're getting a good deal, even with getting it delivered?

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright! Keep us in the loop when it comes home! So you're getting a good deal, even with getting it delivered?
I think so. :praying:

What do you think a 3235 in nice shape that runs real good with 440 hours on it with a 60" deck is worth?

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
With difflock, weights, and some aggressive treads, you'd be surprised what a 2WD tractor such as the 3235 can traverse.

Some of the attachments for the 3235:

42" Tiller
48", 54", 60" Mower
54" Front Blade (with optional angle kit)
3 Point Hitch
45" Snow Blower

·
Registered
649 Posts
What else can you do with these?
Can you get other attachments and are they any good as a mini tractor?
http://www.mytractorforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=21642

http://www.mytractorforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=3765

With sleeve hitch or 3-point, you can do pretty much anything you want.

What I like about the 3000 series is that they are mechanically built like a subcompact, but you wouldn't feel stupid driving one around the yard in the suburbs.

It wouldn't take much more to bump my requirements up to a 4wd diesel like the Yanmar 2400 or Kubota equivalent, but the 3000's are nice middle ground.
Will they climb steep slopes ... 30 degrees + ?
More importantly, whatever they can't climb- won't destroy the tractor. You'll spin out or flip it before before you break it. (That being said, don't kill yourself.)

·
Registered
649 Posts
So would I be able to mow across (side to side) a 30 degree slope or is that asking too much?
I'm sure it would do it, but it's probably ill-advised.

I actually have a pretty steep section on my property. I would be happier if I could get a rollover frame like the one I posted here - http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=197186

but I haven't figured out what that was.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I use to race dirt bikes. I use to fly aerobatics. I use to drive fast.

I use to do a lot of crazy things, but I don't think I would operate a tractor on that kind of slope.

So would I be able to mow across (side to side) a 30 degree slope or is that asking too much?

Many thanks.
Neo

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

Many thanks.
Neo

Too risky - articulated tractors such as Ventrac or Steiner are the preferred models for that....

the 3000 series is a garden tractor.....should not be compared to a sub compact in any shape or form......just to be clear

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.