My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
somanytractorsolittletime
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2160 over the weekend from a member it was a fair deal, It has a 16hp vanguard with 560 hours on it and a 46" deck,the engine turns freely.The starter is shot,It is missing a few things like,wiring harness,headlights,side panels.
If anyone out there has a starter for cheap pm me.

thanks pat

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yup, check eBay for used parts. Why was it given up on? That's a lot of stuff to be missing from a not so old tractor!

Joel

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wiring harness was pulled out and not put back and then it moved to a new owner,and then to me.I have a 2165 that I use, I thought about just using the 2160 for parts but I would like to see how it will run and then make a decision if it will be a parts unit or a runner.

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fooled around with the 2160 today made a starter out of 3 old starters and with a little coaxing it started and moved, it is a 6 speed. It runs pretty good! very suprised! I drove it around the 6 speed is alot faster that my 2165 ags. So now to find a wiring harness it would be alot easier to start it and to get everything else to work.

·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a few parts for the 2160 today, I set of side panels a nice hood,a wiring harness,Just need a headlight unit for it. Got plans for this one going to male it the "Leaf machine" I think I will try to find a old 4'x8' cart and a blower assy over the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts