My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a side by side pic of a tube frame next to a large frame.A 1050 vs 1250?Any help would be great,thanks.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I would like to see more, I am curious as well. I haven't seen to many pictures of a 1250... how much difference would I find between a 1250 and another series of large frame? excluding the motor lol.

Thanks,
Nick

Tractors look very nice

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!Do you have a pic nose to nose from the side?I really want a LARGE frame!Are any models better than others???I like the 1250 looks the best.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I can get you another pic when I get home tonight.

Not sure about the differences between different models. I know there are a lot of similarities. I'm pretty new to Bolens. I'm just about done restoring the 1250 and I just picked up the 1050(freebee) a few weeks ago. Bolens seem to be hard to find in my area. I've seen a couple other large frames, but didn't get to take a close look at them. I have some friends that pick up anything they find (up to 23 now), but never a Bolens.

Attachments

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
The single cylinder Large Frames are shorter than the ones with the Kohler twins. Bolens had to stretch the frame under the engine by 2 inches to put the Kohlers in. As a result, the hoods are longer. The fenders are pretty much the same; the holes punched in the fenders were different for different models of Large Frames depending on seat mounting and hydro used.

The other change Bolens made to the frame on the Large Frames was the result in the change in the 3-pt hitch. The later ones had the frame extended past the rear axle so the 3-pt mounting blocks would slot into the end of the frame rails.

Doug

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I can get you another pic when I get home tonight.

Not sure about the differences between different models. I know there are a lot of similarities. I'm pretty new to Bolens. I'm just about done restoring the 1250 and I just picked up the 1050(freebee) a few weeks ago. Bolens seem to be hard to find in my area. I've seen a couple other large frames, but didn't get to take a close look at them. I have some friends that pick up anything they find (up to 23 now), but never a Bolens.
Very nice looking 1250 JDW :fing32: Do you have a "before" photo ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
great pictures, I wish there was more post with pictures comparing Bolens models, or maybe even Bolens to other makes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts