My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you asked for them. This tractor was the dealers demo model. It had about 40 hours on it Friday when I got it. Now has a little over 50, so far we are really happy with it. It never had anything hooked to the three point, I had to clean the paint out of the lift arm balls to get the weight box attached.

Let me know if there are anything I need to keep an eye on. (I had the loader frame bolts work lose over the weekend.)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
photo 2

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photo 3

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
photo 4 (last one).

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, Dealer dropped it off Friday afternoon, and Saturday we finished paper work.

Only issue I had was that one of the pins for the 60" MMM lift arm snagged the rod for the brakes and bent it slightly. I can't tell if it was not installed right or just too tight tolerances. I have the deck off, but will investigate when I put it back on unless someone here can tell me what is wrong.

Photo attached shows pin "hooked" on rod.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sweet new toy! Congrats!

Giff

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Now that you've had it a couple of weeks how is it working out for you? slkpk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have put quite a few hours on it (~30) lots of loader work, plus mowed twice. So far everything is good.:thThumbsU

One thing, it could use some more weight. I lose traction on my soil with minimal resistance from the loader or box blade. For loader work I have the rear mounted weight box. I loaded up the recommended weight, and now the top flange is bending where the top link attaches..... Guess I will have to make a stiffener.

One other item is I wish reverse was faster, it seems like reverse is about 1/3 the forward speed. Anybody know of a way to speed up reverse. (Is it limited by a flow restriction, or rod throw, etc.? Something that can be easily dialed up? or is it a function of the pump itself?)

Thanks, Mike S

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
If it's anything like my 6284 was... Keep a keen eye on the truck frame to cast iron transaxle bolts, wheel bolts, loader bolts, pretty much any bolt on it.

I had the dealer buy my 6284D back before it hit the 50 hour mark. Many of my problems were caused by the back hoe and the rear three point mower, both of which (Cub Cadet and model specific) were too heavy for the machine.

I wish you the best of luck with the machine. They look sharp and the Motor in mine was a very good power plant.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, for the info. I have already had to tighten the loader attachment bracket bolts..... Removable locktite work wonders.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Might not be a bad idea to index all the critical bolts. Buy a white testors enamel paint marker from the toy section at wallyworld and draw a line from the frame to the bolt head. If any of them back out you will know "Visually".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cub Cadet 5234DL weight box

I loaded up the recommended weight, and now the top flange is bending where the top link attaches..... Guess I will have to make a stiffener.
Not a shocker to me. I just bought a used 5234DL with a loader and weight box. Box had the top bent over. Three of the 4 bolts had popped and one was just holding it together. Dangerous.
I cut the top 3" off the box and welded up a 1/4 steel plate to the back. Added 4 new Grade 8 bolts painted it up and its as good as new but better.

I also mounted a Speeco Quick hitch up to the tractor. This should also help keep the box square as I think the upper link wasn't adjusted properly.

How much did you pay for the tractor ? Mine had 54 hours for $3000 with a blown hydraulic hose. A quick fix for $12 ( Cub Cadet was $41 !!)

Changed the Hydrostatic Drive Fluid Ouch ! 5.5 gallons @$11.65 a quart. It was down 2.5 gallons. Came out clear but I wish I had saved it in a clean pail for re-use. Won't make that mistake again.

I also ordered up a fuel filter, oil filter and new air filter. Don't know what of anything the old owner did so I want to start fresh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Redracer,
I like the hooks you added... I was thinking about welding some on, but haven't gotten to it yet. I moved snow with mine for the first time thismonring. ~6-8 inches lake effect.

I paid about double what you list.... But it is new hold over from dealer stock. (Warranty, first owner, know maintinance, etc. worth some to me.)

Mine has over 80 hours on it and no other issues than what I mentioned earlier....(lose bolts, bent wight box, brake rod bent because the pin the dealer gave me was 3/8" too long.)

Good luck with yours, watch the bolts everwhere, they like to loosen up with heavy use.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts