My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was probably the last 85*F plus weather of the year. Figured a group shot would be appropriate.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Very nice machines! :fing32:

Love the custom work on them. They look great!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Awesome collection! Which one's your favorite? I think I like the old Horse. And I'm wondering if the Case would put up much of a fight hooked up to the Cub if it had ag's.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Awesome collection! Which one's your favorite? I think I like the old Horse. And I'm wondering if the Case would put up much of a fight hooked up to the Cub if it had ag's.
THe ol' Horse is darn near the top. It's most maneuverable, very quite and I like the fact that I can angle the plow from the driver seat. This Commando 8 was only made one year in 1968 -- all original too.

The Deere is great but I barely use it and I just bought for the looks and being the first garden tractor model for JD. The CASE 444 is my workhorse both cutting the grass and snow duty. Been wanting to repaint the whole tractor this summer but never had the chance to do it. Hopefully soon before the snow flies. The Cub is fun to work on. Pulled a couple of times this year and did OK. Just need more experience.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I really love the name of your Cub "not tonite Deere":sidelaugh

That is a very nice line of tractors. Looks like a line up of the best of the best.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I love the name of the Cub......What kind of engine does the Cub have and what kind of power does it make?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cool!

·
makin noise!
303 Posts
where did you find the muffler thats on the Wheel Horse? i would like to do the exhaust on my Bolens like that and the best i could find was a muffler for a Ford tractor and it's kind of big but useable. you say it's quiet?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great shots of those classic tractors. slkpk

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Very nice looking collection shaft! They have your lawn lookin' good too!

Mowin' Man :trink39:

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Nice collection! I like the variety!:fing32:

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
That's a great looking fleet! I too like the variety. Collect all different brands so it's like going to a tractor show in your own yard. I need to do this as it's been about 6 years since my last group picture. Won't be this year but maybe next.:praying:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where did you find the muffler thats on the Wheel Horse? i would like to do the exhaust on my Bolens like that and the best i could find was a muffler for a Ford tractor and it's kind of big but useable. you say it's quiet?
The muffler came with the tractor when I bought it. But I think you can get one at Tractor Supply. Without the flapper smacking around, you can barely here the engine running -- it's only an 8 horse anyway very smooth no vibration at all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a great looking fleet! I too like the variety. Collect all different brands so it's like going to a tractor show in your own yard. I need to do this as it's been about 6 years since my last group picture. Won't be this year but maybe next.:praying:
Thanks for all the kind words.

You variety is good --- variety being the spice of life. I beleive you gotta mix it up since different manufacturer has is own unique features. I wish I did not sell my 1961 Ride-a-matic. That was a really stupid mistake. I can probably get it back since I know the guy and he said that when he's going to get rid of it, I'll be the first one t know. But I doubt if he'll part with it. Such a great running tractor with great implements.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really love the name of your Cub "not tonite Deere":sidelaugh QUOTE]

Yeah I thought its kinda cute. My wife even liked it (very surprise by that). But she said "I think you need to finish the sentence with -- too busy with tractors."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts