My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone have a photo showing how the seat switch is installed in an a JD LX188 or another JD tractor from the 1990's? The previous owner of my machined bypassed the seat switch wiring and removed the switch. I do some mowing on areas that have a moderate slope and I would like to reinstall the operator presence (seat switch) I purchased a new switch (JD P/N AM103119), but I can't figure out how it mounts in the seat? A photo would be very helpful. I believe my machine has the original seat. Its a heavy seat with a steel pan and a JD emblem on the back. The foam cushion and seat cover are attached to the metal pan. John Deere is embossed in the yellow vinyl cover. There is one hole in the bottom of the seat pan which is about 1/2" in diameter. It's centered side to side in the seat, but located more toward the back. I've tried every way possible and there is no way the switch mounts in the hole. I'm wondering If I'm missing a part? The parts diagrams I've looked at show the seat switch mounting in the seat with no other parts. JD technical manual TM1492 doesn't have diagram or photo that explains how the switch mounts. A photo of the seat switch is attached. A photo showing how the seat switch is mounted in the seat would answer all questions.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts