My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention PGT9500 owners! I just mounted a simplicity striper/roller to the deck of my new PGT9500 today. Functions exactly like it would on a "Prestige". The whole thing costs me $130 including stock hardware and brand new roller that was designed to fit a 54" "Landlord" deck. I went with this roller only because of the price. Buying the "Prestige" roller off a dealer was out of the question the prices are ridiculous. It requires a small weld on the newly mounted lift arm, and it doesn't need to be a very good weld either. If anyone would like to see this I can post some pictures and I do have a complete parts list including simplicity part numbers if interested, let me know! It's really a good inexpensive way to get the roller on your tractor. And it's not a hack job, looks like it came on there!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
could you post some pics of the stripes?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but I haven't made any stripes yet! I just got it on a couple of hours ago, won't be mowing till about Wednesday it's been raining here (Northwest Pa.) all day and it's supposed to get pretty cold for the next couple days. It'll take till Wednesday for my clay based yard to dry out enough.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made some stripes they look ok. Upon investigation of my lawn it's 75% clover 10% weeds and 15% grass. I think I need to throw some seed, clover doesn't stripe as easy as grass. Looks better in person. And it was still real wet!

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Looks good! Need to see some pics of the Roller installed on your Deck! :fing32:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I have photos. Please no comments on the bad welding. I'm a turbine machinist not a welder! (Gee I wander how long I can keep using that excuse it's worked for years) Anyway I was going to make the arm, but I found out by purchasing the loose side of the trunnion arm that I could perfectly align the the entire thing. It cost me $10! Piece of cake! The bolts can be pitched they are no longer needed I left them on they aren't bothering anything. Works just like the $300-$400 Simplicity variety. These came with anti scalp wheels on the rear identical to the ones on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More pictures , I welded lugs on the straps and drilled and tapped them for the grease fittings. Four of them, the bar rotates, they hold the bar to the deck, it makes frequent maintenance easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it would ever stop raining I could have taken these outside, and would have been clearer. Can't get the camera to stop defaulting to ISO 800 which is a bit grainy!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts