My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being promised the tractor on three different dates and Sears not coming through on them I went to the store to talk with mgr. At first he offered to cancel the order then noticed I had also purchased wheel weights, chains and a dozer blade. Then he offered $100 off if I waited. I said OK but he had to deliver by that friday which was three days away. He said OK. Well wasn't delivered friday and the next possible date was yet another week away so I went and picked it up. Got it home and the deck wasn't leveled so I had to level that before the first cut. By the first hour the forward foot pedal rubber grip pads had fallen off. Then in the next half hour one front guide wheel fell off. Non of them had lock washers installed and didn't have self locking nuts on them. A few acres later and the cut is OK, but it is definitely not as nimble a machine as some other tractors are. It has some strange noises that I'll look into next. I'll post more up later after a few more weeks of use.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. Sorry Sears dropped the ball yet again on delivery.

My rubber pedal also fell off shortly after I got my GTS5000 and I then mowed over it!

This is how I fixed the issue:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts