My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are links to websites that have links to personal (home) weather stations located around the world. Some of the links have information if your interested in setting up your own home weather station.

For members here that already have a personal weather station that is uploading data to the internet and/or your personal website, post a link here. :thanku:

North American Weather Network

USA Weather Finder

World Weather Websites

WeatherForYou.com Personal Weather Stations

Weather Underground Personal Weather Station Network

AWEKAS Automatic Weather Map System

·
Registered
309 Posts
John Lindsey, the local PG&E meteorologist for the Diablo Canyon Power Plant, does a weather segment 6x every weekday (about on the :05s and :35s) on the local 6-9AM news on KVEC 920 AM station.

Each segment leads off with the local synopsis and forecast, and then a special segment: the ocenographic report, This Day In Weather History, the national weather, etc.

This morning at just after 8AM, he called me and told me that the 8:05 segment is now the SLOweather.com report, with temps and conditions from SLOweather and the 8 WeatherElement stations linked to on the SLOweather page.

I tuned in the radio in time to hear it. It was pretty cool. And I checked the hit counter before and after. In the 10 minutes after the segment aired, we received a 30 hit bump in page views.

·
Administrator
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can find my Weather Station on most any US site listings.
http://www.WhidbeyWeather.com
Good looking website there ToppDogg!

I really need to go through this winter and start working again on my website that I have changed little for a number of years. I'm thinking of going with the PHP design that Ken put out for use with VWS. I've been running a test page with no modifications for sometime but have yet to do anything further. http://fairfieldcountyweather.com/wxindex.php

This morning at just after 8AM, he called me and told me that the 8:05 segment is now the SLOweather.com report, with temps and conditions from SLOweather and the 8 WeatherElement stations linked to on the SLOweather page.

I tuned in the radio in time to hear it. It was pretty cool. And I checked the hit counter before and after. In the 10 minutes after the segment aired, we received a 30 hit bump in page views.
Congratulations on the PR Chris! :trink39:

Are you still handing out pens and business cards to promote your websites and weather stations you've installed and setup?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
If you are ever interested about the current (or historical) weather conditions in the NE Austin Texas suburbs, I have a weather station in my garden:

http://royrector.com/weather/live/

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts

·
Administrator
11,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...BTW, I just noticed that I am on a one year free trial with Weather Underground. It's kind of interesting that they don't make that real clear when you sign up (at least it wasn't clear to me). Does anyone know what the cost for the service will be after a year?
I've had a free one year membership for the last 10 years. :fing32:

Unless I'm grandfathered into some old promotion as long as you continue to send data to them the membership is free. I also have a code located in my WU member settings page that I can give out to others for a free one year trial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts