My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what i really need is the model # of a 22in toro that has the bail system . the personal pace setup is unacceptable to me and i tried to give it to my neighbor and he refused! i plan on converting it to bail system as its a decent mower otherwise and then i could get some use from it. thought i could use the handel from a 10323 but its too narrow. the 22in has a wider handle. going to dealer tomorrow am -think he has a bail type on the showroom floor and i can get the model # so i can order the parts and do research on line. wish there was a mower junkyard here but there isnt. another heat wave has buy the skidds on any more projects for now anyway. will have an airconditioned shed next year!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've maybe heard of two people total who like the Personal Pace system. I tried it on a Super Recycler once and hated it. There must be some support for it, since Toro has stuck with it for so long. I think they should at least make the old 3-speed available on one of the homeowner-grade mowers.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
My brother has a Toro with personal pace and loves it. I've never tried it myself.

·
2 strokes forever!
485 Posts
PP is not too bad (my 10550) but I prefer the 3 speed just ahead of it from my 10515. The only real knock for me against PP system is getting the worm gear/ etc adjusted correctly to disengage and freewheel when you pull backwards. I had to take mine in the shop for that proper adjustment.

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
I don't have any major issues with it, but I've yet to get my 10552 in shape to use. The real pain is trying to remove these handles when you need to replace a broken tension spring or drive cable!

·
Registered
345 Posts
We have a Toro with the Personal pace, and the PP is the only thing I really like about it. It works very well in my opinion. Obviously the type of landscape makes a difference.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,788 Posts
I used my 10550 twice. I traded the carburetor from it to BigAl sometime back because I was so sure I would not be needing it.

I can use the deck and engine some day to make another 22261 if I want.
I can imagine that Lawn Girl users would just love the PP system though!

·
Registered
506 Posts
We have a Toro with the Personal pace, and the PP is the only thing I really like about it. It works very well in my opinion. Obviously the type of landscape makes a difference.
Yeah, I've heard it pretty much sucks on hilly terrain, but it's not too bad on flat land. My whole front yard is a slope, so it wouldn't work for me.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its useless for the conditions you find in comm duty. i got the model # of the sole remaining toro thats not pp in the recycler line . will need just 3 parts -handle -bail and traction cable. i have nothing against the mower other than the pp. its light -easy to handle and cuts /mulches well. + i have a whole another mower for parts . i might as well get some use out of it. looks like the 3 speed homeowner toro is history. they are all personal pace now accoriding to the brochure i got today

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't like personal pace on hills. If I had a relatively flat yard maybe...but it's terrible for hill use.

·
Registered
84 Posts
what i really need is the model # of a 22in toro that has the bail system . the personal pace setup is unacceptable to me and i tried to give it to my neighbor and he refused!
Look for a Toro model 26624 (electric start) or 26622 (pull start). Cast aluminum deck, Suzuki motor, blade brake clutch, 3-speed rear wheel drive, built like a tank. Only 21" cut though.

http://www.newhavenpower.com/toro26624Bagger.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts