My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the flywheel HP would be on a Perkins V8 540 engine from a MF 760 combine? I am going to be putting it into an MF1150 tractor.
Thank for any help
Brian.
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
Only 140HP, thats less than the Perkins 510 that came out of my MF1150? The 510 out of the MF1150 is rated at 146HP at the flywheel from TractorData.com
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
524 Posts
some were used in marine applications and rated as high as 235hp. I guess you could do some searching and find the differences that net more hp. the 235 is an intercooled turbo version.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The 1150's 540ci engine was rated at 141hp, and the same size engine in the 2745 is rated at 143hp. They are all the same engine, combine included as to cubic inches.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,666 Posts
Does anyone know what the flywheel HP would be on a Perkins V8 540 engine from a MF 760 combine? I am going to be putting it into an MF1150 tractor.
Thank for any help
Brian.
:thThumbsU
Do you have the engine the tractor came with?? There could be differences, like oil pans, engine covers, etc. May not be a straight bolt in. Do you plan on going over the engine before you install it??

Please jeep us posted, pics if you can.

:)

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I am moving this thread to the Massey-Harris/Massey Ferguson forum in the Big Tractors By Brand Forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts