My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 725 is making me some money!

A regular customer asked if I could prepare a veg. garden for her so I put the 725 to work reclaiming a weed choked/rasberry mess. I used the bottom plow then tilled it up. I charged her what I paid for the tractor, 150$. Job was harder than I thought it would be. Didn't think to take pics while doing it but here it is the day after. I had since taken the battery off it and the tank off the tiller to get my new ss16 going. This one's a 63 and still doing the job! Here's a couple pics

·
Registered
355 Posts
You should put an Energizer Bunny decal on this thing because it just keeps on going ... and going ... and ...

Regards,

Dan

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Is that a walk behind tiller mounted to a 3 pt? Great idea!
its a sears 3pt tiller. the only difference between the 3pt ones and walk behind sears ones are that the 3pt ones are wider, the clutch and shifter are in the front, and the 3pt mount is integrated into the motor mount, plus no handle bars

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 3 pt tiller from about 1975. HM70 on it. Check out the weights. They are 55 lb JD but they can act as dual wheel spacers too. Sears should have thought of that! rICK

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
I LOVE the ags!! what size are they? I want to get a set of four for one of my tractors. Maybe if I end up getting the super12 I will do it on that one.

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOVE the ags!! what size are they? I want to get a set of four for one of my tractors. Maybe if I end up getting the super12 I will do it on that one.
They're 6-12's. They would be awsome as duals. Anyone know where to get new rims for 6-12's?

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
I got one of the sears walk behinds that has a 3spd trans in it thats built on that platfrom, we took the motor off the busted 3point tiller and swapped it all to the walk behind, took the handles off the walk behind and Now we have a 3spd 3point tiller!! hehe works good, but I dont like the 3point tillers i got a pull behind one from TSC that I like better! Love that DB suburban!! they are a real work horse!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
what gear, and throttle setting were you in for the tilling?

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what gear, and throttle setting were you in for the tilling?
This one has a special slow speed pulley on the motor for either snowblowing or tilling. It's 2.5 instead of the normal 3". I keep the variable speed control as slow as it will go and the motor almost as slow as it will go too which is REALLY slow. This motor idles lower than any I've ever had. The tiller actually helps push the tractor so you can get away with just idling. It won't stall.
Sears sold the slow speed pulley with the old style snowblowers. In the instructions it says if you have less than 8hp to use the slow speed pulley, More than 8 then don't use it.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
They're 6-12's. They would be awsome as duals. Anyone know where to get new rims for 6-12's?

If new ones cant be had easily,you could get some 12" trailer rims,they are only about 4.5" wide and they have the same 4.5" bolt circle lug pattern with 5 lugs..not all of them had the center hole big enough to fit over the tractors hub pilot though,so be sure they have a 3-1/8" center hole before buying them unless you can modify them..I saw some at the boat marina supply store down the street from me,that had the right size center hole and were galvanized,for about 30 bucks each..painted ones would cost less,but I like galvanized ones because they'll never rust..

I have a pair of those 6x12 ags & rims..I think they are Goodyears or Firestone tires..I picked up a freebie 6 x 12" ag at the landfilll's tire pile the other day too,a Bridgestone !--only one though,with no rim..
I scoffed a nice pair of 6 lug rally rims for my Chevy Suburban there complete with trim rings and center caps also,(along with dry rotted tires ,but they hold air!)--also found a like new 235-R-15 Goodyear Wrangler too !..I love shopping at the dump,the price is right and the best things in life are F-R-E-E!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
If new ones cant be had easily,you could get some 12" trailer rims,they are only about 4.5" wide and they have the same 4.5" bolt circle lug pattern with 5 lugs..not all of them had the center hole big enough to fit over the tractors hub pilot though,so be sure they have a 3-1/8" center hole before buying them unless you can modify them..I saw some at the boat marina supply store down the street from me,that had the right size center hole and were galvanized,for about 30 bucks each..painted ones would cost less,but I like galvanized ones because they'll never rust..

I have a pair of those 6x12 ags & rims..I think they are Goodyears or Firestone tires..I picked up a freebie 6 x 12" ag at the landfilll's tire pile the other day too,a Bridgestone !--only one though,with no rim..
I scoffed a nice pair of 6 lug rally rims for my Chevy Suburban there complete with trim rings and center caps also,(along with dry rotted tires ,but they hold air!)--also found a like new 235-R-15 Goodyear Wrangler too !..I love shopping at the dump,the price is right and the best things in life are F-R-E-E!
My mom used to get ****** cause me and my dad used to go "shopping" at our town dump till they capped it. We got some nice dining room tables, car parts, bicycles, stereos, and all kinds of stuff there over the years. I liked visiting the "dump ducks" (seagulls) too as my dad called them :)

·
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great idea TH about the trailer rims. Good score on the ralleys too. They used to sell for a lot around here. My Buddy had a set on his old Toyota land cruiser, looked cool.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts