My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering going to look at a couple of '67 Landlords as potential donors for some parts for my 3112. If I'm not mistaken, the Landlords are a shorter frame than my Sovereign.
Are things like the BGB and the PTOs from these Landlords the same as the 3112?
What about engine accessories like starter/generator, etc?

The ad:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/3785081355.html

Says they're both '67 models, but at least one has a round hood, which makes it pre-67, yes?

They might even be worth getting running and trying to re-sell them. I guess a lot depends on the condition they're actually in.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Well they are not both '67's..the one appears to be a '68 2110. Both look pretty good and for $250, with decks, I would bite. Is your 3112 a variable or hydro? These wont share too many common parts, but many parts will work. For example, the mid pto's are different, but one will work on any other. If your machine is a variable the BGB's from these wont work.

I would buy them to keep or flip. I bet they will run, and then you have $250+ per machine...maybe up towards $350/ea if they will mow with thoee decks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 3112 is a Variable. If I do get them, I'll probably keep at least one deck, as I don't have one for the 3112V yet. I'm pretty sure my wife will have an apoplexy if I get two MORE tractors without promising to disassemble or sell them quickly, but I may convince her if they're 'parts' to get the Sovereign up and going.

Hopefully the seller responds to my email and I'll go check em out.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'll buy a transmission off you if you pick them up and want to part out, still haven't fixed my '64 Landlord (broken axle tube and probably missing a tooth or two on the first gear).
I saw the ad earlier and thought about it, but I really don't want to deal with the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool.
I'll let you know.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sadly, I never heard back.
The hunt continues...