My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I picked up new blades for my 145 I picked up a couple weeks ago. I went to install the blades and realize the previous owner had enough baling twine wrapped around the spindles to bale several round bales. So I go to town removing so I could inspect and grease the bearing. Come to find out the middle housing Nilos seal is missing. just a flat stainless washer and you can see the inner bearing. Baling twine does a good job of keeping the bearing in I guess. I am on the hunt for a seal. Part number JAC345049. I have searched up and down left and right on the net. No Luck. Messicks does not have them. New Holland can't get them. Anyone have any ideas? Also I assume the blade adapter is held on with a woodruff key and the blade bolt? So I should be able to soak the snot out of it and then use a puller to get it off. Correct? Its the 50" deck
Thanks for any input
I also wanted to mention I ordered 3 bearings from fix that ford and got them for $6 a piece. I know two really need replaced. the housing on one was completely replaced not long ago and is in good shape.

·
Registered
248 Posts
you should be able to go to an auto parts store ,or a bearing shop,they might be able to help you out, those are the first places I go for parts.

good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea I will try tomorrow and see if I can get one of the others out intact and see if they can match up. Tried calling around to oreilly and autozone to cross the NH part # without success. I figure there out there. Just a matter of locating. But like you mentioned will look for a bearing shop. Thanks for the input.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news. Got a call from my dealer this morning and he located a few for me. I ordered several extra. Only $12 each. Be here friday hopefully. Now just have to get the blade adapter off the shaft.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts