My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jusy picked up a LGT14H that needs a little bit of work to plow my driveway this winter. The tractor came with a 42" snow plow, a 48" mower deck, and wheel weights for a little over $300.

This was the only LGT type tractor I found in my area, but I found several YT16, YT16H, and YT18 tractors availble. I was wondering what type of parts interchangeability (if that is a word) between the LGT14H and the YT tractors. I was thinking about picking up 1 or for spare parts if the parts exchange is good.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
Great price on that LGT14H, especially with the attachments.

I've never seen an LGT and YT side-by-side so I'm not sure about the interchangability. I know the YT's do not have 5 lug rear wheels. And someone on this forum recently said that the front wheel do not have real ball bearings, maybe only bushings.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The chassis are different, but by how much I'm not sure ? the YT's have a vertical shaft engine where the LGT's have the horizontal shaft, Yt's are belt driven, LGT H's are shaft driven. So parts interchange might be very limited at best. ?? you might need to do a little home work on that one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I looked at a "decent" YT 16 this past Saturday. There wasn't anything except the seat that would work on my LGT165. The frame on the YT was a square style LGt'S are tube frame. Wheels and tins are not interchangable either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts