My Tractor Forum banner

Parts cross reference

57K views 75 replies 23 participants last post by  jsuter13 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I kept ending up needing to look up replacement parts for my various gravely projects, and eventually started collecting them in a spreadsheet.

Then Chip's bearing and seal cross ref got posted, so I scanned that and incorporated my stuff into it.

Here's the result. It's nowhere close to complete, but I've found it useful. I'm hoping that others will contribute additions, and tell me where I've got it wrong.

Thanks again to Chip for his ground-breaking work collecting the original version.

[Later] Rats. It won't let me post an xls. Here's a PDF. Perhaps I can work out with the mods how to post the spreadsheet version

[Still later] Nope this isn't right. And the forum software doesn't want to let me delete it. Stand by for updates, hopefully in a sensible format.

#34 ·
Does anyone have any numbers for L Model gas caps?

#35 ·
I don't offhand, but I've seen folks reference them.

If somebody has a replacement, please email me and I'll update the spreadsheet.

#36 ·
Information for MA-115 Snow Blower.
When I refurbished my Snowblower I found a Bearing and Seals locally at Akron Bearing.

From the Deluxe Snow Blower Model MA-115, IPL dated July 1, 1967:

Exploded View No. 65, Part No. OS 108 Oil Seal: C/R 12545
No. 87, Part No. OS 109 Oil Seal: C/R 12577
No. 30, Parn No. BB 106 Bearing: KOYO 6206-2RD

Hope this helps someone else.

Joe.

#37 ·
Thanks for the updates. I added them to the spreadsheet. Do you have a vendor where you got the seals?

Attachments

#40 ·
What about L model handgrips? Richard's has large black and white, GTGravelys has all white but also has control lever grips. Where would you get red grips or small black grips?

#41 ·
Updated SS with a few new contributions. Keep those cards and letters coming!

Attachments

#42 ·
Here's another one for the list --
1" ID x 2" OD x 9/16" H (or width) double-sealed bearing
(this part is seen many places for 1" shaft, I used it on the impeller shaft on the 48" Ariens-style snowblower)

Old Gravely Part: 36876

New Gravely Part: 05416000

Equivalent: 1641-2RS (KSK Bearing, made in Japan)

Used ACCURATE BEARING (Addison, IL), talk to Tony
800-323-6548
www.accuratebearing.com

This is an "INCH" series bearing -- NONE made in the US. This was the only quality made in Japan bearing set I could find. Cost was less than $10 per.

#43 ·
Large rotary plow seal (vertical shaft): TCM 22323TB-H-BX
Small rotary plow seal (horizontal shaft): TCM 08142 TB-H or NAPA/SKF 8702
L/C Gravely oil pump seal: Carquest 471570
Late L/C Gravely axle seal: Carquest 712016

#46 ·
wjohn what specific gravely P/Ns did you replace with those? I dug around in the manuals and found a few different seals, wasn't quite sure which ones are the right cross refs.

Attached is an SS with the other updates.

Attachments

#44 ·
Thanks!

I'm behind on updates. I'll try to get a new rev out tonight.

#48 ·
Lovely. Thanks!

Attachments

#49 ·
Per request

Attachments

#50 ·
Folks,
This project is still alive and kicking so let's keep those cards and letters coming. If anyone has started a thread about a particular rebuild of some kind could you please post the what it is, the piece and part numbers used, and even where you got the part in this thread. The specific IPL you used would be good too.
I'm trying to help JRD get this done, if such a thing as this can ever get done and it would help alot if the information where in one place for me or JRD.
Anyone else interested in helping then the more the merrier. JRD and I have been tossing some ideas around to make the list easier/better to use.
One idea is to do separate sheets for say each attachment, include the picture from the IPL and below that list the part numbers. Yes there's a lot to do by doing it that way, that's why the call for help. If someone would pick an attachment and concentrate on it then send the results it could be done in a shorter amount of time.
If interested then PM me and I'll send you my email and a tutorial on excel if you need it.
Unfortunately the file is getting too big to post here so for now it will have to be sent to volunteers via email. Maybe we can get it hosted somewhere when it's completed.
Here's a screenshot though just click on the attachment twice to see the whole thing.
What say ye?

Attachments

#51 ·
When I get back to my PC this evening, I'll adjust the attachment size limit so the file can stay here.

Anything you guys need/want me to do, let me know. I'll help with this project in any way I can.

#52 ·
Thanks DJ. I'm not sure how big this is going to get though.

#53 · (Edited)
Professional G series parts manual

Part #6
NAPA/SKF 13651 or 13650 (same)

Front adapter kit requiring 13X15 spline u joint pn's to make whole unit:

Neapco part numbers-
1- 13 spline yoke...........Neapco 10-4481
1- 15 spline yoke...........Neapco 10-5366
1- double pivot yoke ("H") reg length......Neapco 10-5361
2- crosses ("universals") Neapco 1-0170

Attachments

#54 ·
Thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Other than what I have and what I've done with it my knowledge of Gravelys is pretty limited so this really helps. :fing32:

#55 ·
WOW! I am seeing your screen shot of the Excel file file for the first time Don. That is wonderful! I love it!

The size limit associated with Excel files was 300 KB. I've bumped that up to 1.5 MB. If we end up needing more size, that's not a problem, we'll do it.

Again, whatever I can do to help, just say the word.

Do we need a subforum for these diagrams? Or some dedicated forum space? I'm open to ideas.

#56 ·
Thanks DJ. I kept looking at the original and having a hard time figuring out what part went to what unless it was noted. I really appreciate the work done by Chipold and JRD for continuing the list but to me it seemed it could be easier to sort through to find the information you need.
I've been discussing ideas with JRD before doing anything on my own. I don't want to step on anyones toes.
I've also thought the Gravely IPL's could have had a bit more information like when you have two bearings but the IPL doesn't really say. Yes I know the picture on the IPL will show two, usually, but the description should include how many as well. It should prove faster to get the information needed. I guess I'm just too used to the builders plans I worked with when I was working at the shipyard building submarines.
The main list will be kept for those that wish to use it and feel more comfortable with it and will also serve as the master part number page. My thought is to link a part number on the master sheet with the appropriate IPL sheet, this way when the number changes you just change the number on the master sheet and it will automatically change on every sheet linked to it.
Well that's what I have in mind but I'm open to suggestions and even better ideas if anyone wants to post them here, just please don't be upset if it is decided to not use your idea.
I also intend to post ideas here for the board to have a say, this is after all the members parts list.
Take care.

#57 ·
FWIW, in my original draft of the xref spreadsheet, I had a column called number-required. That might be a good thing to keep up.

#58 ·
John,
You took the original list to the next level with that and also tying a part number to where it went. Something that wasn't really done before, at least not too much.
The other thing you started doing was including where to get said part with a web address when there was one. A big step in the right direction.
Like I said before I for one appreciate what you've done with the list and carried it over to the fancy sheets.
What I said earlier was my reflection on some of the IPLs being lacking, for instance the one for the 1963 6.6 hp motor lists the head bolts as long and short. No diameter, thread pitch or actual length. :fing20: This stuck in my head because I need to replace the head bolts on mine.
I guess my big idea is to put each unit on a sheet and at least try to include the exploded view drawing so there is less jumping back and forth, one stop shopping if you will.
I'm still very interested in the ideas others may have to make this a go to resource. Together we can make this list something the other groups would want to copy for themselves. And wouldn't that be cool.

#59 ·
Updated with the rear facing carburetor hose part number.

Attachments

#60 ·
Thanks DJ!

#61 ·
Fix bearing P/N

Attachments

#62 ·
Here's a cleaned up and updated version of this file that corresponds with my current projects as I got the part numbers.
Also included is an added page I found, I think at the Yahoo gravely site for the various belts used on Gravelys and their attachments. It was a copy paste and not verified by me so double check before buying the part listed.
There is also a couple of pages in it that are a work in progress.
Enjoy.

Attachments

#63 ·
One inch bearings from TSC...

trailer bearings 1"generally comes in a kit. 2 cup, 2 cones and a oil/grease seal comes packaged all together.

most common use could be input shaft on 40/50/60 inch Center mount decks. The seal goes on the input shaft to stop grease from coming backwards. These can also be used for spindle bearings and races on the CM decks. Bad part is the bearings are MADE IN CHINA.

Sorry it this is a repost... LINK TO PARTS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.