My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I kept ending up needing to look up replacement parts for my various gravely projects, and eventually started collecting them in a spreadsheet.

Then Chip's bearing and seal cross ref got posted, so I scanned that and incorporated my stuff into it.

Here's the result. It's nowhere close to complete, but I've found it useful. I'm hoping that others will contribute additions, and tell me where I've got it wrong.

Thanks again to Chip for his ground-breaking work collecting the original version.

[Later] Rats. It won't let me post an xls. Here's a PDF. Perhaps I can work out with the mods how to post the spreadsheet version

[Still later] Nope this isn't right. And the forum software doesn't want to let me delete it. Stand by for updates, hopefully in a sensible format.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. Per the first post, I had unexpected problems getting the thing prepped and published. I might give up and make it a google doc or something similar, but in the meantime I'll work with the mods to see if there isn't a way to host it here.

PM me your email address and I'll mail you a copy.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
For whatever reason, I get a "corrupt file" message and it will not open. Maybe it is just my putter.

Roger,
Did you try deleting the file from your computer and re downloading it? It works fin for me. What version of Excel are you using Roger?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Everything works for me, too. I'm using LibreOffice.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Worked fine for me. :thThumbsU:thThumbsU Thank you.

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
My security software gave me a big red flag when I tried it. Gave me a spyware, virus, unwanted program alert?

Sheldon
That's not uncommon for some AV programs to warn about downloaded programs that could contain macros. Especially files with extensions like .doc, macro, .exe, .bat, .xls, .docx, or .xlsx.

I scanned it with an enterprise level AV and it showed up clean.

·
Premium Member
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW, I run a microsoft-free household, the spreadsheet was built in libreoffice on one of my linux boxes, and exported as xls in the last step. So I can't think of a way for a virus to get in there. If your anti-virus software is griping, I think it has to be generic fear that there *could* be something in an xls.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I've been out of town for the weekend and have fallen behind here. I'm going to do some tweaking of the forum software to allow the file to be hosted here.

Stay tuned...

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
I have two comments.

1 - Microsoft does not guarantee that old files will work with future versions. I don't know what the solution is. Maybe avoiding a spreadsheet is best. I think that a small database with a web front end would be better. That way when someone does find a single cross, they can add it without any sending of emails (where is that email address? What is that guys name?), etc.

2 - Some of data in the cross ref is questionable. Bearing cross references can be a minefield..

1 - 20 of 76 Posts