My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I love my JD 455 and it does all I've asked of it. No real issues to date except a potentially failing fuel shut off solonoid. Which brings me to my next question. How long do we think JD will continue to manufacture replacement parts for the 4x5 series?

Nick

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Considering I can still get a fair number of parts for my 1982 JD 400, I think you will be in luck for quite sometime. I also have 1993 425 and have not had any issues with sourcing parts from the dealer. I think it really depends if that particular part is interchangeable with other models or if it is an engine part the original supplier of the part still makes it for other engines etc. I think your biggest challenge with dealer supplied parts will be if you want to pay the price for brand new because parts from JD are not usually considered bargained priced.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
The average Deere will continue to make Parts for a Particular Model after Production has stopped is 15 years Basically they fill there Parts warehouse Then It Limited to what Inventory they Have In stock Certain Items for the 318 are No Longer even In the warehouse and are Limited to dealer stock such as front Tie Rods which Haven't Been available from the Parts warehouses since 2007 But some Parts are still Used In other Models way Beyond a Models Production run so those Parts will still be available for a Long Time Many Parts that were used On the X465 thru X749 were also Used On the 425 thru 455. One thing to Keep In Mind as the stock In the warehouse’s are depleted they do raise the Price of the Parts ( for example the Plastic Head Light insert for the 140 Cost about $90.00 Plus Might be Over $100.00 By Now):thThumbsU

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
A part like that that is absolutely going to die during the first 25 years of tractor service is pretty much what they'll have in stock. My answer is yes, they will have the fuel solinoid, but it might be a pretty penny.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the important parts like Sergeant said the 4X5 shares a lot with the x series tractors. However, I imagine the plastic parts like hoods, engine side covers, and decals will start to disappear before too long. If it worries you too much just upgrade to a newer machine someone will gladly buy your 455 :fing32:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts