My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the last time I was mowing the field that my BX1850 was running a little warmer than usual. The radiator screen is cleaned after each mowing and back washed every 40-50 hours. Here's a pic of what was hide behind the battery after less than 15 hours of use (cutting 18" tall field grass).

Don't take very long to clog in dry conditions does it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Nope sure don't! Glad you were paying attention.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:1221: Wow, I would never have suspected that in such a short amount of time, you're right, what a mess, have to keep an eye out for sure.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,724 Posts
Good catch. :thThumbsUIt's amazing how all that stuff gets in there from underneath.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've only mowed twice with my new 1860, but I noticed normal working it stays mid level, but mowing it goes up to 3/4. 5 minutes of idling before shutdown and it cools off back to mid level. I'll have to keep an eye on my radiator too!

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Now thats more of a partial clog :D
I've not looked into the battery compartment on these newer 50/60 series BX's but it would appear that either the main screen wasn't secured properly or the bottom plate under the battery may be loose or missing. Now I'm not sure if the 50/60 series has that plate but the older 00/30 series does. That plate is removed to provide an air intake for the radiator when a cab is installed and the main screen is blocked off to keep the heat in. Come mowing season the plate should be reinstalled.
Course I could be wrong and you have just been mowing in some very tall/thick growth :D
Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a BX2350 and after every third or so time that I mow I have some chaf stuck to the screen so I have just started to routinely remove the front panel, radiator screen and battery and just blow the stuff off. The temp gage stays about in the middle when I do this. If it goes about 2/3 I know its time to clean off the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts