My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I need a new plow share for my Brinley 10 inch plow. Brinley-Hardy wants 67.00 for a new one. I was told that John Deere was much cheaper. Does any one have the John Deere part number?
Thanks David

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
JD buys them from Brinley so I suspect you will end up paying more their plus shipping. It is probably the same part number because it is the same source. $67 doesn't seem to bad to me. Roger

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not find any information for JD prices on a plow share so I ordered one from Brinley. The price including taxes and shipping came to $92 and change.
David

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello All,
This is a follow up on my quest for a plow share for my Brinley plow. I got the new share only to find the plow is a 12 inch plow. When I measured it, it was on the tractor and I measured it as 10 inches. When I tried the new share is when I found it to be a 12 inch plow. When I contacted Brinley about exchanging the 10 inch share for a 12 inch share I was informed that they no longer have 12 inch shares.
I am not sure what I am going to do in order to make the 10 inch share work because the old share is very worn.
Dave

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,874 Posts
Which style of plow? 3pt or sleeve hitch?

From my research which is limited, the Brinly company did have a 12 but it was for a 3pt application, along with a disk and a cultivator.
Model numbers :
PP-1200 was the 12" 3pt Plow
DD-1000 was the the 3pt Disk
CC-1000 was the 3pt Cultivator

See this Link to a thread I found: https://www.wfmachines.com/forums/showthread.php/89953-3-point-Brinly-dd-1000-PP-1200-and-cc-1000

Then there even early Brinly Plows and Disk

PP-150
DD-500

See this link to a thread I found:

So the smaller sleeve hitch style seems to be limited to 10".

Hopefully you can provide more information on what you have, maybe a picture.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.
I have a 1967 3 point Brinley and a 1972 sleeve hitch Brinley . Both of them are 12 inch plows. I will try to post pictures on Saturday or Sunday of both plows.
Dave

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,874 Posts
You may have to looked to the used market on EBay or Craigslist, don't know Brinly would stop making parts. Or you may have to make a pattern and build the parts and get heat treating done for longevity.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,
I may have solved the problem about the 10 inch plow share, but I will not know until the weather warms enough to work out in the shop. I just hope my idea will work. If it does I may have a way to revive a worn share.
Dave
P.S. Refer to pictures in previous post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts