My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is another hobby I have- I couldn't find any that I liked online that weren't made in china, and had the colors I wanted, so I started making my own.

I make these while sitting around watching tv with my kids or at night - it is rather therapeutic as well.

I typically make them about 38.5" -39" long which is what I have found to be a good length for most rifles and shotguns.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
this is another hobby I have- I couldn't find any that I liked online that weren't made in china, and had the colors I wanted, so I started making my own.

I make these while sitting around watching tv with my kids or at night - it is rather therapeutic as well.

I typically make them about 38.5" -39" long which is what I have found to be a good length for most rifles and shotguns.
My God those are nice! The ones I bought arent even para-cord all the way like yours are, how in the heck did you learn to make them?
Mine are green & black mix and I like the color but yours are 10x better. I would love to buy a cpl.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My God those are nice! The ones I bought arent even para-cord all the way like yours are, how in the heck did you learn to make them?
Mine are green & black mix and I like the color but yours are 10x better. I would love to buy a cpl.
I did some research online. I needed hobbies I could do in the house while hanging with my kids. SO if we are watching a movie together, or they are playing video games, I keep busy doing these.

If you are interested, PM me

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts

Yea heres the junk kind Ive been buying but cant find any better, I liked the color tho.
Youre's are much better, para from end to end.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Yea heres the junk kind Ive been buying but cant find any better, I liked the color tho.
Youre's are much better, para from end to end.
Man I cant believe you can make them like that. That impresses me to no end, I just looked at a blown-up pic of them and I like the way they are made more than the crap I been buying.
Thats quite a skill.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the ones you have been buying, believe it or not, are more complex to knot than mine. It's not really a difficult thing to do, it takes some practice though. I want to try more complex knots, but the thing is, with the time it takes to make them, and materials, if I am not making them for myself, no one would want to pay what I would ask if I did them more complex. Here is a new one BTW ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
the ones you have been buying, believe it or not, are more complex to knot than mine. It's not really a difficult thing to do, it takes some practice though. I want to try more complex knots, but the thing is, with the time it takes to make them, and materials, if I am not making them for myself, no one would want to pay what I would ask if I did them more complex. Here is a new one BTW ;)
I love those two !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts