My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i sold my 1976 SS16 Wednesday to A1CNC and had some money burning a hole in my pocket so i stopped at TSC on the way home. Bought two of the 1" screw on mufflers for briggs so i can put them on my GT18 to replace the factory ones (they have like nothing inside left), a shovel handle (cause i broke two shovels last week diggin' up a bush), a pan seat, couple fuel filters, some hitch pins and some odds and ends. I had every intention of buying 23 10.5 12 Carlisle AGS but they only stock ONE!! So i opted to save some money and get the seat and other stuff. I got it on the GT last night and i Love it!!! It's made by the same company that makes the gray one on my SS16 which i thought was cool. It is so comfortable!!! The "high" back on it is like 6" high, and supports your lower back very well!! I may buy the cushion for this one at a later date. I was wicked happy too cause i stopped and bought two scratch tickets on the way home, won a dollar, bought two more 1 dollar tix and won $100!!! I was soooo happy last night :D :trink40:

Any way here is what you want:
0819101906.jpg

0819101906a.jpg

0819101906b.jpg

After i got this on, i pulled the snowblower out so i can repaint it and start getting ready for winter.
I was planning on buying one of their black lawn tractor replacement seats, but i didn't like the look of it at all. I know the pan kinda looks funny on the GT, but once i paint it, i think it will be fine.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
I like that seat,it looks "correct" and is probably quite comfy..I'd like to get some of those for my Suburbans someday..3 of them might bankrupt me though..unless of course I had your luck,and would WIN on a scratch ticket for once!..guess its true that "money goes to money"--you sold your tractor and had cash,and didn't really need more,yet you win..that seems to always be the way,I see more millionaires winning the lottery than anyone else lately..

I have a pile of about 150 scratch tickets that were losers from the past several months !..:mad:..

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
I bought the black covered pan seat they had awhile back and it was so thin it bent everytime I sat on it (200lbs).

I sold it on a craftsman like yours I had swapped a 16hp Kohler into before I was told it wouldn't fit.

If your red one is a good one, I may have to check them out again. I just bought a Deere RF 110 last weekend, and I'm parting it out. Going to keep the pan seat because it's the same 3 hole pan seat my 1966 Suburban is supposed to have. ( Had robbed it to put on a Deere RF I restored so I guess its karma or something)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Seems to me like the new seat would be hard on the ol' buttocks. Especially if it's been sitting out in the sun awhile. OUCH!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that seat,it looks "correct" and is probably quite comfy..I'd like to get some of those for my Suburbans someday..3 of them might bankrupt me though..unless of course I had your luck,and would WIN on a scratch ticket for once!..guess its true that "money goes to money"--you sold your tractor and had cash,and didn't really need more,yet you win..that seems to always be the way,I see more millionaires winning the lottery than anyone else lately..

I have a pile of about 150 scratch tickets that were losers from the past several months !..:mad:..
I am by no means wealthy.. It was purely luck! I never win scratches either (mostly cause i don't buy them) but it's about time my luck turns! Those seats are only $40

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to me like the new seat would be hard on the ol' buttocks. Especially if it's been sitting out in the sun awhile. OUCH!
You would think that!! I sat on the gray one on my ss16 for over 2 hours last week, and it was remarkably comfy- this one is even better.

Attorney, if you see the gray seat on my ss, that one is much chintsey-er than this one, and they are made by the same company. This one is pretty hefty, and really comfy!!!

IMG_1889.jpg

0819101906a.jpg

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Hey, I'll let you in on a secret..those Jacobsen Chief, Ford 100, Minneapolis Molines, Oliver clones?

They have a solid seat...TERRIBLE to spend much time on.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i'll stick with my sears sprung seats :D

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
james, pics of the mufflers?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

not installed yet- need to make flanges and pipes.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
big ones

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think the stock mufflers on my tractor are completely empty of any baffles too. I was hoping these are a little quieter.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On the HH Tecumseh engines they are loud, maybe they will be different on the Onan ?
somebody on here has and Onan with them on it... I think Dude11??

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
The Onan on my welder has the "pepper shaker" Arnold mufflers and is pretty quiet,but the 12HP HH120 with one on one of my Suburbans isn't so quiet!..I think the Tecumsehs have more compression or a longer stroke..makes for more noise!..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts