My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of fixing up an old Farmall C. I'm not looking to make it into a "Show" type affair, just fix it up a little better. I've got it running real nice and will change all of the fluids, etc. As you can imagine, it's kind of rough looking paint wise. Again, I'm not looking for an automotive type finish, just something that looks half way decent. It's going back to Lake Texoma to serve as a means of getting down to the beach, putting the boat in, etc. Is it possible to brush on a decent finish? What kind of prep work would you do and what kind of paint would you use? Is canned spray paint pretty good? I do have a paint sprayer that I could use. Thanks for the help.

Lynn Wagoner
Yukon, OK

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,564 Posts
Lynn, this is a brush/rattle can refurb that I just completed on my 1945 2N..CLICK HERE.. I used Rustoleum, worked good for me..

Brush put a heavier coat of paint on the cast block..When paint became "tacky" i oversprayed with the rattle can..

Worked for me, I just wanted a nice coat on the tractor to look nice around the place..:trink39:

Prep depends on what you have to work with..:wwp:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken, thanks. That really looks good....I will try the same procedure and hopefully post some pictures in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts