My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help identifying the correct paint color for my LB model 7252. Right now it looks like pea green but I'm sure it has faded some. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Need some help identifying the correct paint color for my LB model 7252. Right now it looks like pea green but I'm sure it has faded some. Thanks
It seems that the color of choice for most Lawn Boy repaints is Duplicolor Grabber Green. Very close to original color.

Hope this helps!!!
Carmine.

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
It seems that the color of choice for most Lawn Boy repaints is Duplicolor Grabber Green. Very close to original color.

Hope this helps!!!
Carmine.
Ah, Grabber Green won't work for this model Carmine, I think we are looking at what we call mint green, but the lawnboy books call it lime green. The question is...is Lime Green and Spring Green the same?

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Hey Cityboy, I think I found the color that you are looking for. Badfox said that he used Valspar Summer Leaf from Lowe's to restore his mid 60's mint green 5237. Give that a look and see what you think.

If that doesn't look good then you may have to find a place that has been covered, not faded, clean it up and take it to a place that has a sprectrum analyzer and have it computer matched.

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check it out. I would like to know where all of this information is. I've check online and can't seem to find any info as to what the colors are suppose to be on any model except the new ones. I have a 3050 which I call brown,a 3052 which looks like a light yellow or baby sh-- yellow and a 3050 that is tan in color but don't know the oem names for these color. Any idea which color went with which model or did they use all of the different colors for all of the models. Maybe they went by Ser. # My point is can you just paint a model 3050 any color you wnat and it will still be correct

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, but I think lawnboy77 is correct it's mint green what ever that color is.

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again I owe you. I'm guessing most of them came with white steel wheels but my 5235 Beige has blue wheels but that's not mentioned on that web site you showed me. Are all of the Beige ones trimed in blue and if not how do you tell which ones do and which ones don't? again Thanks

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Krylon used to make one called "Kiwi" but I haven't seen it lately...probably discontinued because its so ugly....:biglaugh:

I would check out badfox's recommendation...good luck.

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Thanks again I owe you. I'm guessing most of them came with white steel wheels but my 5235 Beige has blue wheels but that's not mentioned on that web site you showed me. Are all of the Beige ones trimed in blue and if not how do you tell which ones do and which ones don't? again Thanks
That is a good question...alot of the little details, like color of wheels, color of on/off switch are just learned by experience and looking at pictures of original mowers. That is why I love pics. We have a former OMC employee, Baldguy, who can help to, he has a real good memory and if you have a question about something he can usually tell a good story to go along with the answer. I don't want to leave anybody out though, because there are alot of folks on here that know their Lawnboys. IMAlawnboy freak, Indy452, GTP, IowaHawkeye, rscurtis, walt2002 just to name a few. Glad you joined us!

·
Banned
864 Posts
i tried to match the color with my image software but this was the best i got

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ah, Grabber Green won't work for this model Carmine, I think we are looking at what we call mint green, but the lawnboy books call it lime green. The question is...is Lime Green and Spring Green the same?
OH ok i was trying to look for his model machine but couldn't find any good pictures to see if my recommendation was correct. Sorry for leading in the wrong direction with the color choice i recommended to ya....

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Mind desn't look that good but it does run pretty good. It had a D404 on it but it was locked up so I put a D403 on it and that's the one I use most of the time. I do need some of the blue acc for it if any of you guys know of any please let me know.

Thanks

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to be here. Do you know of any good sites to look at that have pic's of the older LB's? Still looking for parts and getting them together before I start painting and putting back together.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My two 5235's have green wheels and they are more likely trimmed in green i think.

·
Registered
124 Posts
city boy, maybe we can compare our 5235's, when we are done restoring them to see how they turn out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts